cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add-on

vanessablairr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My base plan data has been used up (4.5GB) so I purchased an additional 200MB to get me to my next bill. The funds were available when purchasing. Upon purchase, funds were taken but I have no access to the web. On my profile it says I have no data add ons, when I click "usage" my 200MB is showing purchased by again, no access. Help! I do not want to have to purchase again!

11 REPLIES 11

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

HI @vanessablairr,

We've responded to your private message! Please check your inbox.

Best,

Syed

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@Pound wrote:

I wish iphones have the same built-in function in their operating system. It looks very convenient. 

There's a lot more good features in android that is not available in iOS.  

@will13am @Pound to be fair--and don't get me wrong, I'm 100% an Android guy--the opposite is probably also true.  Just off the top of my head and without ever having owned an iPhone, I can think of iMessage & Facetime being part of the core OS and also integrated across iPhones, iPads, and Mac OS all out of the box without any 3rd party apps and whatnot.  I'm sure there are many others.  iOS/iPhone really are quite nice and I get why many people love them; they're just not for me personally.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@vanessablairr wrote:

Didn't do that either. My phone has never had a limit and my LTE was showing on top. Very strange. I purchased it again just now and it worked fine. So I'm out $10 on the first one. 

@vanessablairr, next time consider asking the moderator team to do an early plan renewal. Often this is cost efficient compared to buying a data add-on.  If you are concerned the first add-on purchase didn't work, you could reach out to the moderator team to investigate.  Given that there's really nothing wrong with your account and buying another add-on worked, it's likely the first purchase was consumed.  

@Pound wrote:

I wish iphones have the same built-in function in their operating system. It looks very convenient. 

There's a lot more good features in android that is not available in iOS.  

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessablairr, any chance the 200MB got used up (perhaps without you noticing).  Maybe an update, or something?  200MB isn't all that much.  I realize it's a stretch, but...

vanessablairr

Didn't do that either. My phone has never had a limit and my LTE was showing on top. Very strange. I purchased it again just now and it worked fine. So I'm out $10 on the first one. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vanessablairr sounds like you've done everything correctly--purchased the add-on using available funds balance, confirmed it shows in your Overview page and still shows data remaining, restarted your phone.  The only other thing I can think of you could check is that you didn't accidentally turn off mobile data in your phone's settings, and that you haven't set a data limit in your phone--those will have your phone cut you off when you reach a certain usage amount according to its meter. 

EDIT:  on my phone [OnePlus 5T running OxygenOS 5.1.5/Android 8.1], the mobile data toggle can be seen here:

Screenshot_20180907-181654.jpg

And you can see I actually have my phone set to disconnect me from the network when I hit the limit that I configured (I should really review this set up!):

Screenshot_20180907-181739.jpg

If you have this turned on, it might just be that your phone is preventing you from using the data!

Your settings may of course look different depending on your phone's OS and version, but hopefully you can locate similar settings.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessablairr, you might need to contact the moderator team and ask them to look into it.  Seems like you have done everything correctly.  BTW, Sometimes it is more cost effective to ask the moderators to renew your plan early instead of buying an additional data add-on (depends on how close you are to your renewal data), since the data add-ons are rather expensive.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

vanessablairr

I had a $35 balance, purchased the add on, and my balance dropped to $25. The 200MB is showing below my original 4.5G base plan data. I just cannot access it. I purchased a few days ago and thought maybe it needed a day or so to go through, but no luck. I have restarted my phone. I have since topped my account up to $40 again. Still no data. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessablairr can you confirm that you performed the two step process of purchasing an add-on, and that you do not have an extra $10 as acount balance.

Need Help? Let's chat.