cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on, paid but nothing

mautacus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi I ran out of data for the month but really need it last night. I paid 10 dollars for add on 200mb and nothing happened. It turns out I only added funds without purchasing the add on. I went ahead an purchased the add on this morning with the add funds, still nothing. Extremely frustrating. Please help. If I can't get it by tomorrow I will need a refund since the April is starting. Thanx

23 REPLIES 23

mautacus

Didn't work. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mautacus wrote:

No I don't have any data monitoring whatsover. I'm fine with credit I'm tired of this. Easier to just give up and accept that I won't have data for next couple of days. Thanks for trying to help. 

Any luck with the extra $1 idea?

mautacus

No I don't have any data monitoring whatsover. I'm fine with credit I'm tired of this. Easier to just give up and accept that I won't have data for next couple of days. Thanks for trying to help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mautacus wrote:

I appreciated all the responses from many users, but in the end nothing helped, and on my self serve page it says:

Data & Add-Ons.         Amount Used

200MB Add-on         0  /  200 MB
2GB + 500MB BONUS at 3G Speed          2533.162  /  2560 MB

Technically my 2560 is not even up but my data has stopped. 
My add-on is completely worthless as is and I just want my $10 back now since nothing is going to make it work and the month is coming to an end. 
I've sent a private message to Moderator_Team but no response. 

Who else can I message regarding this? I either want it to work ASAP, or I want the 200mb add-on refunded.

Not sure about refunds but you might get it credited back to your Available Funds.

The stated response times are up to 48 hours.  Private messaging them is your only way.

So you're sure you don't have any data monitoring options or parental settings and such?

A really goofy idea in this case but has been known to work in some situations is to manually add another $1 into your account and then after success, restart the phone.

mautacus

I appreciated all the responses from many users, but in the end nothing helped, and on my self serve page it says:

Data & Add-Ons.         Amount Used

200MB Add-on         0  /  200 MB
2GB + 500MB BONUS at 3G Speed          2533.162  /  2560 MB

Technically my 2560 is not even up but my data has stopped. 
My add-on is completely worthless as is and I just want my $10 back now since nothing is going to make it work and the month is coming to an end. 
I've sent a private message to Moderator_Team but no response. 

Who else can I message regarding this? I either want it to work ASAP, or I want the 200mb add-on refunded.

Anonymous
Not applicable

nvm on re-read.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mautacus wrote:

I'm on an iphone. I've never heard of such a setting for iphone and i've never set anything up like that. I've sent a direct message to moderator but haven't heard back yet since 6 hours ago. This is very frustrating as I need data tomorrow.

Well you didn't say you had an iphone (and of course nor did I ask)

There appear to be apps that can monitor usage and stop more usage. But I'm not an Apple guy so I'm not sure.

mautacus

I'm on an iphone. I've never heard of such a setting for iphone and i've never set anything up like that. I've sent a direct message to moderator but haven't heard back yet since 6 hours ago. This is very frustrating as I need data tomorrow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mautacus wrote:

No I have not changed any settings since it ran out of data

I'm not sure if this was directed ay my post about settings in your phone.

I was wondering if the phone had such a setting set from before and that the phone is not letting you go over that set number.

@mautacus wrote:

Of course.......

It was just in case...Smiley Wink

mautacus

No I have not changed any settings since it ran out of data

mautacus

Of course.......

@mautacus wrote:

Also restarted phone 

And your data is ON??Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mautacus wrote:

Also restarted phone 

Does your phone have a data block for like max don't go over this kind of setting?

mautacus

Also restarted phone 

mautacus

I just did the lost phone thing and then logged out and reactivated after 5 minutes. Still doesn't work. 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mautacus 

Try the lost/stolen trick:
Once you log into your account...
Click the 'Plans and Add-ons' tab.
Click 'Lost/Stolen Phone' tab.
Click 'Suspend Service' button.
Log out of your account and wait several minutes.
Log back into your account and report that your phone has been found.

mautacus

Do I have to report stolen and then instantly report I found my phone? 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mautacus wrote:
Hi. Thanks for the responses. I've tried restarting a few times already. The add on does show on my self serve page. As for reporting lost phone and resetting my phone? Is this for network settings? How would reporting lost phone help?

Reporting it lost/stolen sometimes gets it working.  As for how/why, Public Mobile could probably explain it to you.

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mautacus wrote:
Hi. Thanks for the responses. I've tried restarting a few times already. The add on does show on my self serve page. As for reporting lost phone and resetting my phone? Is this for network settings? How would reporting lost phone help?

@mautacus  - The lost/found phone trick resets the system with what you have in your plan.  I think it is called re-provisioning' (or something like that).  If that doesn't work, you will likely need to contact moderator team via private message.

You can click here to send a private message to the moderator team.

mautacus

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @mautacus  - Did you check you self serve portal - does it show the add-on in the add-ons section?  Did you restart your phone?  lastly, you can try the lost/found phone trick.  It might reset your phone to match what is supposed to be your plan & features.

From the self serve, report your phone as lost.  log out.  wait a few minutes.  log back in.  report phone as found.  Then, resart your phone.  Might work.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mautacus wrote:

hi I ran out of data for the month but really need it last night. I paid 10 dollars for add on 200mb and nothing happened. It turns out I only added funds without purchasing the add on. I went ahead an purchased the add on this morning with the add funds, still nothing. Extremely frustrating. Please help. If I can't get it by tomorrow I will need a refund since the April is starting. Thanx

Try cycling phone off/on. Let us know if that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.