cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on not working

teresachlee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a US data add on -200MB yesterday to use while I was in the United States for the day. The add on did not work even when I turned on data roaming and restarted my phone. What can I do with the unused data I payed $10 for? It expires in 10 days. But I was unable use it during my visit.

8 REPLIES 8

teresachlee

@srlawren Thank you for the details!

teresachlee

Thank you @mimmo !

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@teresachlee I agree with @mimmo, I think your next step is to contact the moderator team via private message.  Here's the details you need to know to do so:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@teresachlee thanksfor the update.  from my limited experience once the addon is showing is should work on PM side. This leaves the 2 possibilities PM had an issue delivering, or user/hardware.

in either case i would message the mods to see if there is anything they can do. 

teresachlee

Thank you @mimmo @srlawren @Anonymous, I did make sure I purchased the funds and then added the add on to my account. After I did the 2 steps it shows the add on is active. But it still was not working even though it shows its supposed to be active.

srlawren

@teresachlee adding to what @mimmo said, here is a description of the 2-step add-on purhcasing process for your reference.  In addition to what @Anonymous said, here's more info on Available Funds balance and how it gets used up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@teresachlee, To add to what @mimmo mentioned, if you never actually bought it, the funds are still in your account and will be used to pay for your next renewal.

mimmo

@teresachlee  the first thing to check is if the addon was actually purchased.  does it show in you overview page or is there available funds in your account balance.

If the first you could ask the mods if there is any way they can credit you for the purchase, if the second then you never actually bought it.

Need Help? Let's chat.