cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on long distance roaming in United States

girv64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the roaming data long distance add ons, but when I try and make a call it says I don’t have the long distance and roaming add on.  I checked and I see that it is there and I paid for it.  Help!!

4 REPLIES 4

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@girv64  If you have Canada US calling that is only for calls originating in Canada.  To make any calls while in the US you need the US Roaming addon.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@girv64 wrote:

I purchased the roaming data long distance add ons, but when I try and make a call it says I don’t have the long distance and roaming add on.  I checked and I see that it is there and I paid for it.  Help!!

@girv64 okay so you've kind of mixed up a few things here.

"Roaming data" and "long distance" are totally different things.  Can you tell us exactly what add-on(s) you purchased?

Either the 200 min or 400 min "long distance" add-on can only be used to make long distance calls while you are physically in Canada.  It does nothing while in the USA.

The various 10-day "US Roaming Data" add-ons (available in 250mb, 500mb, or 1gb sizes) give you literally just DATA while in the USA.  They do not enable regular calling (unless you're using a VoIP app like Fongo, Hangouts, Skype, etc or an app-to-app calling feature in something like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, iMessage, Skype (can do either kind of calling), Hangouts (also can do either kind), etc.

The 10-day "US Roaming Talk" add-on enables you to make regular cellular calls (with your phone's dialer app) while in the USA; you can call to Canadian and US phone numbers, and receive calls from anywhere in the world while you are in the USA with this add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Have you restarted your device?  Have you connected to AT&T or T-Mobile?  Ensure your network settings are selected for auto, or one of the US Carriers listed here to connect.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@girv64 wrote:

US roaming LD minutes add-on is for calling while you are in US.

Are you calling from Canada?

If you get the wrong add-on by mistake, send a private message to moderator for help.  But there is no guarantee.  Try your luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.