cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Adonais
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Public Mobile,

I think there is a problem how Public Mobile is recording my data usage. I have only gone 2 days into my billing period, with barely having used any data services but the website is saying that I have used more than 600 megs of my 6 gig/3 month plan. I always turn off data services on my Blackberry Q10 when I am not using it and I have literally NO apps on my phone. I do not see how at all my phone is using this amount of data. I used a similar blackberry Q10 phone with mobilicity and I definitely used the data far more because it was unlimited under my own plan and I RARELY exceeded 2 gigs a month.

Can you PLEASE check if there is a problem with how Public Mobile is recording my add-on usage? It really makes no sense to me and I feel like I am being defrauded by the company to purchase additional add-ons.

4 REPLIES 4

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Adonais wrote:

Dear Public Mobile,

I think there is a problem how Public Mobile is recording my data usage. I have only gone 2 days into my billing period, with barely having used any data services but the website is saying that I have used more than 600 megs of my 6 gig/3 month plan. I always turn off data services on my Blackberry Q10 when I am not using it and I have literally NO apps on my phone. I do not see how at all my phone is using this amount of data. I used a similar blackberry Q10 phone with mobilicity and I definitely used the data far more because it was unlimited under my own plan and I RARELY exceeded 2 gigs a month.

Can you PLEASE check if there is a problem with how Public Mobile is recording my add-on usage? It really makes no sense to me and I feel like I am being defrauded by the company to purchase additional add-ons.

Wow...thta's insane. 

I know with me, I'm 36 days in, and have use 4.48 GB of the 12.2 GB. 

Perhaps you need to contact one of the mods, or perhaps your phone updated in the background and you weren't aware of it.  My tracking has been very accurate.

And as others have mentioned, you could download an app that tracks data usage. Unsure what BB has though. 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Any updates were installed maybe in the background, I don't see how can such difference existe

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Adonais, I would try and find a data manager/tracking app so that you can track this as well and verify your usage against PM's stated usage.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

What types of data apps are you using on your phone? 

There could be other factors impacting data usage

• You could have apps running in the background with data on
  • Mobilicty used 3G data, where public mobile uses LTE (assuming you are on the LTE plan). LTE is faster, and would likely use more data.

Edit: Mobilicty was using 3G speeds correct? 

Need Help? Let's chat.