cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

tmclunn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the 12GB/90 days plan. A couple weeks ago I ran out of data. Thats fine I just got a couple 1GB add ons. I figured I used them really fast due to being on a work site and having to tether a computer. Those 2 instances used 1.5GB and 1.8GB respectively. Now I looked back over my data usage over the last 90 days and from the looks of it I haven't come close to the 12GB of data befor I had to get the 2 data addons.

Could someone please explain? 

7 REPLIES 7

Also strongly suggust downalod my data management app so you can keep a eye on data usage as well for future
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What phone are you using?  Most phones have data usage tracking in them.  

tmclunn

Oh that's already done! Learned my lesson.

Its just odd that aside from that I would still have more than 8GB of data left. 

@tmclunn wrote:

Haha yeah thats what happened.

Only as soon as Windows was connected it quietly burned through 1.5 and 1.8 GB of data doing updates. 

I was looking at the data that was listed in my usage on the site here.

Don't you just love windows and their spurious updates?  Anyway, with LTE data being so fast, it is pretty easy to burn a ton of usage.  Make sure to set the tether connection as a metered connection. 

tmclunn

Haha yeah thats what happened.

Only as soon as Windows was connected it quietly burned through 1.5 and 1.8 GB of data doing updates. 

I was looking at the data that was listed in my usage on the site here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tmclunn, are you suggesting the data meter for the included data may run differently than for addon data?  Have you tried comparing to the data meter on the phone to see if there is any discrepancy?  BTW, you really got to be careful with tethering to the laptop.  I recall the first time I did that with the Public Mobile service, a windows update came along and ate up over 500 megs of usage.  I forgot to set my phone connection as a metered connection.  Live and learn. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@tmclunn, it does sound strange that you could use more data then what was purchased as it is an addon and prepaid so weird you could use more.  You will have to private message  a MOD and they can look into it for you a little deeper.  You can find out how to message a mode here

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.