cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Indicator

beej
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I'm new to this community. Right now I have the 4.5 GB plan but I don't know if I even need that much. What is the best way to check your total data usage per payment period? (I guess per month).
When I look on my android data usage in settings, it has different dates compared to my Public Mobile payment period and plus it's showing that it's almost at 100% usage when i've only used 663 MB? I don't think that's showing the correct usage. Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7

JenWadd

Thanks 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@beej wrote:

Thank you for the info! And I guess your data usage just stops when you've used up the 100%? Or can you still use past the limit but with extra fees. 

Yes, after using all your data of your current cycle, you data will stop working until after next renewal.  

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change. Login to your account. Select the Plan and add-ons tab and click on the Change Plan button.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the Chat button at the bottom right corner. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option. This is a good option if you need a small amount of data occasionally.  Data add-on does not have expiry date. Unused add-on data will be rolled over to next cycle.

Please note that there is no refund of the unused days of your current billing cycle if (option 2) you renew your plan early with moderator assistant or (option 1) change plan now.

beauty for prepaid service.. no surprise billing.  it stops right at 100% usage.  

@beej wrote:

Thank you for the info! And I guess your data usage just stops when you've used up the 100%? Or can you still use past the limit but with extra fees. 

When you run out of data, it will stop working. You would have to renew your plan early, change to another plan, or purchase a data add-on to start using data again.

beej

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@beej 

Welcome to PM and enjoy your saving with Public Mobile.

Login to your self-serve account.  You data usage is shown on "My Data & Add-ons section of the overview page after login.

I have a 4.5GB plan with bonus 500MB data with autopay enabled for a total of 5GB per 30 days cycle.

I used 4211.969MB out of my 5GB plan data.

5GB at 3G Speed
4211.969  /  5120 MB

If you do not find this usage line, you had used all your data for the current 30 days cycle.

Please note that PM billing cycle is 30 days and not monthly.  Your renewal date changes depending on how many days in the month since last renewal.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, data usage came with phone usually can count monthly only, not 30 day cycle. 

Try using Data Counter Widget (you can download from Google Play).  It has 30 days cycle.  It is free.  It will show you App usage.  And you can add Widget to your home screen for easy checking

Need Help? Let's chat.