cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Error!?

HereYouFixIt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I have uaed 358 Mb of the 2gb i have for my 35$/month plan. I received a message saying this:  

Public Mobile here. You have used 95% of the data included in your service. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options. 

Now I cant use data. I am in Toronto  Canada and

have a Motorola X4. Please help.What is going on?

14 REPLIES 14

jasond_71

There is no time for data just mb. Lots of stuff runs in the background that could be using data if you don't close it.

You could always turn data off on your phone when not using it to make sure it's not being used up in the background.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

Thank you. I'm not too sure what happened to the rest of my data I am guessing I must have used up all the 'time' for the data but not all the Mbs for the data. I am jst guessing that the data has a certain number fo days before it expires. 

Wow. Over a month later.

Plan data resets and starts again when you renew. Add-on data just runs out from consuming it, however long that takes.

HereYouFixIt

Thank you. I'm not too sure what happened to the rest of my data I am guessing I must have used up all the 'time' for the data but not all the Mbs for the data. I am jst guessing that the data has a certain number fo days before it expires. 

Look at top of page for Plans and click. Scroll down to Add-ons and click. Look for IN CANADA Data plan...kinda expensive eh.

Alternative is to start a whole new plan now instead of your next renewal, but you'll lose whatever remains on your current plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

Thanks for response. 

How do I go about getting more data for my CAD$35/mo plan? 

You're in Canada using a Canadian provider talking to other Canadians...no need for the CAD designation 🙂

You can upgrade your plan to more data at your next renewal or upgrade it now at the cost of what you've already paid. No refunds or pro-rating here.

You can also buy data add-ons.

HereYouFixIt

Thanks for response. 

How do I go about getting more data for my CAD$35/mo plan? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

Really sorry for late reply and really sorry for asking this but:

what is US Data Roaming? 

How does it work? 

Also I have been in Canada my whole life and dont plan on leaving here so I purchased a CAD$ 35/mo plan from Public Mobile thinking that it was for only Canada. Did I misunderstand something?  

Also how do I check my selfserve account? 

Thanks for response.

Re-read your thread.

And don't worry about the US Roaming thing then.

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

what is US Data Roaming? 

How does it work? 

Also I have been in Canada my whole life and dont plan on leaving here so I purchased a CAD$ 35/mo plan from Public Mobile thinking that it was for only Canada. Did I misunderstand something?  

Also how do I check my selfserve account? 

Thanks for response.

Good questions.  A 10 day US Roaming Add-on is for your use whilst you are in USA. Unless you're in USA, you won't be needing it.

Your current plan is fine for use whilst you're in Canada. You can call anywhere in Canada. Recieve calls from anywhere on the planet. You have unlimited text to anyone as well.

You have to set us a self-service account in order to look at various parts of your account. Look at MY ACCOUNT, top right hand side of page. 

Good luck

HereYouFixIt

what is US Data Roaming? 

How does it work? 

Thanks for response.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

Hello. I have uaed 358 Mb of the 2gb i have for my 35$/month plan. I received a message saying this:  

@HereYouFixIt where are you seeing the 358 MB figure?  On your phone, or in your self-serve account?  The latter is the ticker that matters.

Also: did you happen to purchase some US Roaming add-on(s) about 10 days ago, by chance?  Well, this probably isn't your case as you said your data stopped flowing, but if you had data US roaming add-on(s), on the 10th day you will get two texts within a fairly short span of time: one saying you've used 75%, the next saying 95%.  These are "normal" symptoms of a US Roaming data add-on nearing expiration, even if you didn't use anywhere near 75% or more of the data.  As I say, this probably isn't your problem but I thought I'd mention it in case it applies.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@jotsang wrote:

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

what is a self serve page? How do I check it?

Login via https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

After login, it should tell you how much unused data is left on your plan.

Screenshot_2018-12-01 Public Mobile - Overview(1).png

Just be aware that that last line will disappear if you have used all your data - it's a quirk in the system.

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

Login via https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

After login, it should tell you how much unused data is left on your plan.

HereYouFixIt

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HereYouFixIt 

Check your data usage on your selfserve page ..see what it says there...when the site is back up after maintenance..

Need Help? Let's chat.