cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming

elb-bo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I were to roam, say near, or to, a northern part of Canada, is there a way of getting notified that I need to add a roaming add-on plan?

7 REPLIES 7

@Triguy wrote:

Most of the plans are Canada wide.  Unless you have an older grandfathered plan, you have service across Canada.

Even with a province-wide calling plan, any data add-on or data included in the plan would still work across the entire network.

@kelvarnsen wrote:

How far north are we talking about? I have used my phone on Public Mobile above the Arctic circle.

I would say that's a matter how far north the shared Telus/Bell network goes. There have recently been some remote locations who have only received cellular coverage recently, and the trend for such areas is to only install LTE technology. In such areas, phone calls won't work on Public Mobile.

As to the question of roaming, Public Mobiles doesn't allow customers to roam in Canada. I should point out something commonly misunderstood: travelling around the country doesn't meet the definition of roaming. Roaming has to do with the connected network, and not necessarily the location (unless the network doesn't exist there).

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How far north are we talking about? I have used my phone on Public Mobile above the Arctic circle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Most of the plans are Canada wide.  Unless you have an older grandfathered plan, you have service across Canada.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome @elb-bo I would turn off roaming in Canada. You don't need it. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman lol you guys are gonna start another war

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@elb-bo 

As long as you are in Canada, your plan's data should cover you.  It is Canada Wide.  PM uses Bell or Telus towers, so as long as you are near their towers, you should be fine.

There are no extra charges with PM.  

If you are the United States, PM will notify you to buy an add on if you need it.  Otherwise, in Canada, you should be fine as long as there is Telus or Bell reception.  

Need Help? Let's chat.