cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Question

JayneD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I am almost 100% sure I signed up for a plan that included 10GB of data.. but it seems I'm being cut off at 7.30GB.. not exactly sure where to go from here. Advice? 😅

3 REPLIES 3

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JayneD 

Could it also be possible that you are seeing the data usage represented on your device as a month-to-date value,  and not a PM cycle value?

Remember that public mobile billing cycles do not run with the calendar months - they are on continuous 30-day rotating cycles from the date of activation.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JayneD wrote:

Hello! I am almost 100% sure I signed up for a plan that included 10GB of data.. but it seems I'm being cut off at 7.30GB.. not exactly sure where to go from here. Advice? 😅

@JayneD    Was that the $60 plan that was briefly offered in the summer of 2019?  Edit:  Actually that may have been 12GB for $60? and you may be on the hybrid $50? plan that offered 8GB of domestic data and 2GB of roaming data.   Sorry I don't remember all the details of those two briefly offered plans..😊 

When you log into your account do you see how much data you've consumed against your plan's allotment?  If that line is missing it means you've used it up and would now need to supplement your account with add-on data of $15/1GB to tide you over until renewal.

You may also want to change to what's currently being offered by PM as the $50 plan has 10.5GB data plus US/Canada wide calling etc.  You can opt to make a plan change immediately or schedule on next renewal which is normally recommended, however, for you it might be better to change immediately if you have consumed all your current plan data.  However, for immediate plan changes PM does not prorate or refund for unused portions of your plan.

Keep in mind if you make a change to your plan, then you will not be able to go back your current plan as you were grandfathered (if applicable) in for a discontinued plan.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JayneD wrote:

@JayneD ,

What does your Data Line say in your overview tab in your Self Serve account.

Under this section:

esjliv_0-1618794838102.png

Whatever is showing here is most accurate.

If it only shows 7.30GB used of your total data then maybe there is a data limiter in your phone settings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.