cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Plan

kmmercer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone noticed that Public Mobile shortens their plans by a day each month? For example, I started paying on the 30th, and each month i have to pay a day earlier. This month I pay on the 22nd. Last month I paid on the 23rd. Why is it doing this?

7 REPLIES 7

@ileannkneel wrote:
So, when comparing to other plans from other providers who are using a monthly model, we should note that year to year the Public Mobile plans short us be 5 days (6 on a leap year).  Hence, if you really want to compare apples to apples you should make the mathematical adjustment... although 5 days over a year isn't going to amount to much.

Seems that most of the "prepaid" plans are always 30 days with most carriers, whereas "postpaid" carriers use a consistent billing day... and hey - they would overcharge you on months that have 28 days! 🙂

Public has been guilty of erroneously using the "per month" term in their marketing on occasion... Hmm it seems Chatr & Lucky are consistently using "monthly" in their plan descriptions. Maybe it's just a thing carried over from the way Telus & Koodo prepaid plans have always operated...

ileannkneel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Spoiler
So, when comparing to other plans from other providers who are using a monthly model, we should note that year to year the Public Mobile plans short us be 5 days (6 on a leap year).  Hence, if you really want to compare apples to apples you should make the mathematical adjustment... although 5 days over a year isn't going to amount to much.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

HI @kmmercer ,

I think many people do not notice this. Understandably, as I think most memberships/plans are monthly.

Every 30 days, I can verify this from my past payments:

Date Payment TakenQty of Days
21-Apr-2030
21-May-2030
20-Jun-2030
20-Jul-2030
19-Aug-20 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@kmmercer Below is a reply that I gave to someone else who had the same concern. Have a read, it explains it all. In his case the start date was the 19th.

30 day cycles/plans here are not the same as monthly.

Though you started on March 19th, your first renewal was on April 18th (30 days later. A day earlier than your preferred day of the 19th because March has 31 days).

Your second renewal was May 18th (April has 30 days so the date doesn't change).

Your 3rd renewal was 30 days later on June 17th (it seems like a day earlier but May has 31 days so you did in fact get 30 days of service).

Your 4th renewal was on 17 July (notice date did not change because June had 30 days).

Your 5th renewal was 16 August. Again 30 days after your last renewal (a day earlier on the calendar because July has 31 days).

Your last renewal would have been September 15, on first glance a day earlier than last month but you still got 30 days of service (August has 31 days so it again pushes it back on day).

Etc etc etc. There is no scam going on, only 30 day billing cycle as opposed to "monthly".

Go back and check your statements to see the dates you paid and count between them on a calendar. You'll see that they haven't ripped you off.

Important to note: you are paying for 30 days of service, not one month.

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi - yes I believe we all notice as it is a 30 day plan and Public Mobile always informs us of when our next payment date is due!  Think how happy you will be in February!!

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@kmmercer wrote:

Has anyone noticed that Public Mobile shortens their plans by a day each month? For example, I started paying on the 30th, and each month i have to pay a day earlier. This month I pay on the 22nd. Last month I paid on the 23rd. Why is it doing this?

@kmmercer hi yes I believe most everybody noticed since this is a 30 day plan 😁

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Plans are 30 days not monthly. Your payment date changes when months have 31 days, etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.