cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Plan not working

Lyuh1945
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To whom this concerns:

Could anyone please tell me why I have not been able to use my data at all?

I had payed for 250 MB in the mponth last only to waste it all!

I hope someone oculd please hel my activating my data and find ways to redeem my lost 250mb if so could be done.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lyuh1945 wrote:

My account had clearly shown 0 mb used.

@Lyuh1945 what brand and model is your phone?  Most phones will "just work", but some model need extra steps to get the data flowing.  Most LG phones need either a network reset, or failing that, a factory reset, in order to get data working after changing providers.  Older iPhones need their APN set through a 3rd party site over WiFi in order to get data working.  Many ASUS phones (and some others, e.g. Polaroid comes to mind but there are others) require you to manually create the APN record on your phone.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Does it look like this ?...   0 / 250MB's

Lyuh1945

My account had clearly shown 0 mb used.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lyuh1945 wrote:

To whom this concerns:

I hope someone oculd please hel my activating my data and find ways to redeem my lost 250mb if so could be done.

Thank you.

@Lyuh1945  Have you ever had your data working? Does the data feature show in your account? If it doesnt youve used it up (knowingly or not). If your data hasn't worked since activation you will have to enable it...depending on the model phone? Please advise and we can help you get it started as you may need an update, an APN  and/or a reset. Followed by rebooting your phone.

THEnewfie

250mb is not a big amount of data and it is entirely possible to have used it all up in the "background" without even opening a single app that requires the internet. To figure out how much data you're using when apps aren't active, you could download an app used to monitor network data usage. "Internet speed meter lite" is one I can think of off the top of my head. Basically if there's any data getting used, it'll tell you how much. Both in real time and as a chart showing stats for days and months. ...if you discover that you are indeed using data when no apps are open, you'll have solved your problem

tron182

did you leave your data on all the time back ground apps can drain your data, when you run out it wont let you use any data

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lyuh1945 wrote:

To whom this concerns:

Thank you.

Were you able to use the Public Mobile data in the past ? Is the a new account ?

tron182

i had this problem when i joined heres a link https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone  you have to setup the public mobile acces point for the data to work i had to reboot my phone like 3 times after this

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you have the correct APN settings.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.