cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Plan Offers for Existing Customers

Amanbhattarai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there no 2GB Bonus offer for existing customers when they go for $35/month data plan? For new users, they are providing a great deal. I really hope they would consider us.

8 REPLIES 8

@AE_Collector 

The port out and in was done for about $35 -$10(bonus referral credit)=$25 if I recall correctly but can be done cheaper on the fly with a lucky sim purchased at dollarama for $4/$19 or if you planned ahead of time and both SIM cards from CCS (pm sim $5+$1 lucky sim)=$6+$15=$21-$10=$11.

So given the right circumstances and if you were near the end of your plan cycle without significant rewards on your account then all three scenarios would be worth the hassle and added expensive to save $5 per month ($40/5gb vs $35/3gb+2gb=5gb) as the additional savings would kick on the 6 month of service at the latest.

@Anonymous 

Sorry if I misunderstood your earlier comment.

Though I imagine this person who accomplished the dual porting in just a few hours still ended having to pay two full months of service up front (at least one of which was wasted money). And still ended having to buy two new SIM cards (which is all basically wasted money if you already have a working activated SIM card). And maybe or maybe not had to pay the usual setup/activation/porting fees charged elsewhere. And got a little lucky - since any delays or issues on either of the number ports could have broken or delayed everything.

But apparently he felt it was worth it. To get some extra GB, something on the order of +2GB per month?

Personally, I'd rather just upgrade my plan to one which gives more GB, each rung on the plan ladder offers higher data increments for just $5 or $10 more. Or I'd even just force my existing plan to renew (and refresh full data provision) before the 30 day cycle is complete. Less hassle, less cost, more data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth : Well...I..uh...since you quoted me...I never mentioned porting out and back. I mentioned porting some other number in the context of either that or a new number.

But yes...that's another option. We heard someone do exactly that not too long ago. Apparently he felt it was worth it. And all in a few hours.

What @Korth said.

Life is too short. And the way this new customer promo is hanging around for month after month… I really think it is only a matter of time until plans get more data added to them which we might have to switch to but that is as easy as doing a plan change for your next renewal.

AE_Collector

@Anonymous wrote:

@Amanbhattarai : Really actually new activations. Existing customers can activate new accounts with a new SIM and unique email address and new number or port in from some other place.

The problem with porting out and porting back in is that you'll end up paying for a month of service at each operator. Along with buying a pair of SIM cards and paying any activation/porting fees charged by the other operator.

Meaning that the process will take a couple months (without any guarantee that the promo you want will still be offered when you return) or that you will waste your money (spend more than you would've spent if you'd just stuck around and bought add-ons or changed plan to get "bonus" data). Plus, of course, any Loyalty and Referral Rewards attached to your PM account would be lost (would have to start over from nothing).

No matter how you work it out, porting around is not really worth a few extra GB. Patiently weathering promos and sticking around earns a Loyalty Reward (along with some Free Gifts, usually). While impulsively chasing after every "better" deal dangled in front of you by other carriers just earns a Wallet Punishment (along with stress and running around and lineups and uncertainty).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amanbhattarai : Really actually new activations. Existing customers can activate new accounts with a new SIM and unique email address and new number or port in from some other place.

Amanbhattarai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Appreciate it. Thanks.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Amanbhattarai wrote:

Is there no 2GB Bonus offer for existing customers when they go for $35/month data plan? For new users, they are providing a great deal. I really hope they would consider us.

It is for new customers only.  PM has in the past given data bonuses to existing customers along with Long Distance minutes.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.