cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Only

jmuench
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I ws to activate the data only plan, is there an add on that allows to purchase more Data, or is $30 per gig, meaning if I need another 1GB I pay another $30?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jmuench wrote:

If I ws to activate the data only plan, is there an add on that allows to purchase more Data, or is $30 per gig, meaning if I need another 1GB I pay another $30?

I can't see many people willing to pay $30 for and LTE 1GB data-only plan plus $15 for each additional gigabyte. If that's the plan you're considereing, Public Mobile might not be the best option.

@computergeek541 @jmuench concur.  At that point, unless you need 4 GB (which would cost $30 + $15 + 15 + 15 = $75) or less, you're probably better off signing up for the $75 10B GB plan at Koodo, Fido, Telus, Rogers, Virgin, or Bell.  Sometimes those plans double up  and offer 20 GB for the same $75.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@jmuench wrote:

I can't see many people willing to pay $30 for and LTE 1GB data-only plan plus $15 for each additional gigabyte. If that's the plan you're considereing, Public Mobile might not be the best option.

I agree with @gblackma 

For $5 less you get much more

Both are in LTE just one is throttled

Again it's easy to switch plans, just a click of a button if you charge your mind

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jmuench unless you are looking for the unthrottled 4g LTE speed it makes no sense to activate the data only plan. For $5 less per 30 day cycle on the $25 plan,  you get with autopay 1 gig of 4g LTE  data throttled to 3 mbts + unlimited texting and calling. And as previously mentions, you can buy the 1 gig data addon for $15. It doesn't expire until used up. Stay safe.  Here's an article on buying add ons https://www.publicmobile.ca/fr/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

jmuench
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@jmuench There is 1gb addon for 15$. You can buy it anytime, and it will start being used after you run out of your plan data.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The cost for each 1 GB add-on is $15.

You can scroll down half way and click on add-ons for more info

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Need Help? Let's chat.