cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Only Plans - More plans

xeyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see the LTE 1gig data only plan for $30/month. Any chance there could be a 3G data only plan with 1 or 2 gigs in the $10 to $15 per month range?

8 REPLIES 8

@xeyes  If its a tablet only data plan you are looking for then you're best bet is (as much as I loathe this company) fido with 4gb for $15 per month and $10/1gb over that amount.

xeyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks wetcoaster, I will pursue this option as it will give me exactly what I need.

The nice thing about the 1GB Add-on for $30.00 and 200MB Add-on for $10.00 is that though they are pricey, they don't expire until used up, which can make them a great compliment to the 250MB $15 monthly plan if used conservatively over a long time.

Although, it would have to be stretched over more than 3 months to be more worthwhile than just upgrading to the $25 plan for $10 more per month...

@gjong26 wrote:

Theres a $10 add-on that gets you 250MB.  But CRTC recently announced that the Big 3 telecom must reduce their prices within the next 2 yrs.  Hopefully we as consumers will see more competative pricing and flexible plans. 

The 250MB add-on can only be used in the U.S.

The 200MB for $10 add-on cannot be used on its own and would have to be added to at least a $15 plan.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@xeyes wrote:

I see the LTE 1gig data only plan for $30/month. Any chance there could be a 3G data only plan with 1 or 2 gigs in the $10 to $15 per month range?

Unlikely to happen until the direct 3rd tier competition does it.

The $23/1GB at 3G speed / LTE light (with autopay) is as good as it gets in that range right now, plus get unlimited Canada wide talk and international text (while you are physically in Canada) with it.

If you need cheap(ish) LTE data only plan you should shop elsewhere and be willing to jump through a couple of hoops.

(Hint: Head over to RFD and read the first post of the (as of this morning) 782 page thread in the "ongoing deals" subforum...)

@gjong26 wrote:

Theres a $10 add-on that gets you 250MB.  But CRTC recently announced that the Big 3 telecom must reduce their prices within the next 2 yrs.  Hopefully we as consumers will see more competative pricing and flexible plans. 

Only on CERTAIN plans by 25%. The article did not define what is included in the CERTAIN. Don’t expect the Trudeau government or any other to ruffle the feathers of any type of big industry. I doubt if this will amount to much.  

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@xeyes wrote:

@xeyes That's up to PM, but it would be reasonable.

Need Help? Let's chat.