cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data, Messaging and calling

jaydenedge01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 👋 

I just got a public mobile plan and I was wondering whether sending pictures and videos in text messages counts as data used as part of your total allowed monthly data or it counts as unlimited texting under my plan which has it.

Also was wondering how calls are charged, are they by the minute or second / how does that work. 

Thank you very much in advance! 

- Jayden

8 REPLIES 8

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jaydenedge01 Hi, and welcome to Public Mobile (PM). Although you need to have your data service on when sending picture and video MMS texts, it does not go towards you actual data usage.  Like every company out there, they do not associate these texts with data.  So although your data has to be on, don;t worry you won;t see your data usage get used.  

Calls I believe are charged by the minute, so if you use 20 seconds then it'll be considered 1 minute.  So i guess if a call is going t be that quick then just send a text, lol.  However if you have an unlimited calling plan then it doesn't really matter then.

Hope you enjoy your time with PM, and be sure to stay active in the community to get optimum savings each month.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

@jaydenedge01 

Calls are charged by minutes.  Not second billing like some other mobile companies.  

Like which Mobile Company bills by the Second?    Per Second Billing hasn't been around for a long long time.

@jaydenedge01 

Here is more information on calling:

Talk

Talk minutes are counted whenever you make or receive calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.

Here is the knowledge article on plans and add ons:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

jaydenedge01

Thank you everyone for the clarification, I appreciate it. I was seeing everything counting. Now I know it's all just added up but counts separately.

jaydenedge01

Yeah I saw that everything was counting in my settings, thank you for clarifying!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541Sending MMS will show up as your usage but they will not count against your data.

Calls are charged by the minute when you initiate the call and rounded up to the minute.

Data vs MMSData vs MMS

@jaydenedge01 

Calls are charged by minutes.  Not second billing like some other mobile companies.  

Data is needed for MMS messaging and will be tracked by usage history, but it will not counted to your data allotment for the 30 days.  

@jaydenedge01 wrote:

Hello, 👋 

I just got a public mobile plan and I was wondering whether sending pictures and videos in text messages counts as data used as part of your total allowed monthly data or it counts as unlimited texting under my plan which has it.

Also was wondering how calls are charged, are they by the minute or second / how does that work. 

Thank you very much in advance! 

- Jayden

Data used for MMS does not count.

Need Help? Let's chat.