cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Limit?

Sadaf_23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry if this has been asked already, and I realize it's kind of a dumb question but...

Once I reach my data limit, will my data stop working or will I get a text notification that I've reached my limit? I still have 10 days to go and have used up almost all of my data, I don't wanna go over and get charged extra... I was looking at the add-ons to see if I could maybe add another GB but it's $30 to add 1 GB 😮 that's crazy!!!

Thanks in advance 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sadaf_23, definitely not a dumb question, because you won't know until that time, comes, so better ask now so you can adjust and prepare accordingly.  

As @Luddite mentioned because this is a prepaid service (i.e. you pay in advance), you can only use what your plan provides.  So once you hit your limit then that portion of the service stops working until your next cycle.  Unless you contact the MODS and ask to pay for any add-ons early.  

This is what I like about PM, no need to worry about any overage charges.  Even more so when you're overseas because that's when I was most worried I might get roaming charges or something, but then I realized I can only use the phone if I have the service for it, so it's literally impossible to get overage charges.  Only thing is you need to know what you want ahead of time because it can take some time to add on features last minute.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkman wrote:

As stated above, you can privat message for moderator help to renew your plan early, but just a warning, it is about 72 hour wait times these days.  

If you really need data, you could switch to another plan immediately.... ie. the $45, 6 GB promo plan  and then do a future switch back to your original plan at the next renewal date.  

In addition to what @Dunkman said, make sure that your original plan is still available before doing a plan change immediately.  Otherwise, you will not get your original plan back if it is not longer offered.

As stated above, you can privat message for moderator help to renew your plan early, but just a warning, it is about 72 hour wait times these days.  

If you really need data, you could switch to another plan immediately.... ie. the $45, 6 GB promo plan  and then do a future switch back to your original plan at the next renewal date.  

Sadaf_23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you! 

Yeah, I actually have 4.5 GB data plan which is usually more than enough for me but I didn't have WifFi at home for the last week so used up a lot more data than usual, thanks a lot for the quick reply  😄

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

You are never charged extra as everything is prepaid. Data will just stop functioning if you use up your allowance.

If the data add-on seems too expensive you may start your current plan early by making a one time payment equal to the cost of your plan then clicking this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, PIN, and the request. The funds must be there for an early renewal. Rewards are NOT applied if you renew early.

I assume you have considered upgrading to one of the new plans with more data, and renewing early is better for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sadaf_23 wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked already, and I realize it's kind of a dumb question but...

Once I reach my data limit, will my data stop working or will I get a text notification that I've reached my limit? I still have 10 days to go and have used up almost all of my data, I don't wanna go over and get charged extra... I was looking at the add-ons to see if I could maybe add another GB but it's $30 to add 1 GB 😮 that's crazy!!!

Thanks in advance 🙂

No extra charges here. You'll get notified that you're close and then it'll just stop.

Need Help? Let's chat.