cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data LImit Notification says 1000MB, but Self Service says 12288MB

mikelau13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I ported from Freedom to Public around 3 weeks ago with the $120 per 90 days plan with 12GB day per 3 months, so far the service is good.  Thank you.

But last night, my phone suddenly received a "Data LImit Notification", saying that my montly data limit is 1000MB and estimated usage is 754MB.

So on today, I checked my online profile/account, and I can see 782.959 used, 12288 MB data limit, and remaining data 11505.040MB.

I am confused and concerned about the Data Limit Notification that I received, what should I do now?

Mike

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mikelau13 happy to help 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mikelau13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you guys for the answer!

Mike

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mikelau13 you can safely ignore the phone's notifications, as @will13am and @tod have suggested.  Your phone doesn't understand a 90 day plan, so just ignore those warnings and periodically check the amount you've used in your self-serve account, like you mention you have done already.  That is the only number that counts in terms of whether PM thinks you have used up all your plan data or not.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile sends out SMS warning when data usage reaches something like 95%.  Notification is likely from the phone based on user settings for data warnings and cutoff.  Since the account is showing correct information, there is nothing to worry about.

tod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Perhaps the data notification is coming from your phone's settings? Check your phone's settings for any warning/block limits that might be set and you can adjust accordingly. PM would typically send notices via SMS, if that's the case there might be something incorrectly set under your account. Regardless, unless you have data block set on your phone, data should stil work if it says you have enough in self serve.

Need Help? Let's chat.