cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Bucket/new plan idea

LeoCA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just womdering if plans can be made sort of "unlimited" by meams of throttling data speeds once each data buckets is reached.

So for 4G subscribers, after their respective plans data is reached, data will go down to 3G for like 2-3GB more and then throttled further to just above 2G speeds for up to 10 -15GB till the next billing cycle (shall we call this 4G UNLITED+)

As for 3G plan subscribers...after their data buckets are depleated, speeds are throttled down to just above 2G speeds (enough for messaging apps .... But not enough for streaming (which leads to less strain on the network); but still no overage fees. (Lets say this would be called 3G UNLIMITED).

PM can even just add 2 extra Ulimited plans to the list... Lets say priced at

4G Unlimited + : $75 

3G Unlimited : $65

Unlimited Add on to any data plan : $10-15

For those who want full speed, at their respected data speeds to stream .... They can allways buy full speed data addoms at 500MB, 750MB, 1,2,3GB imcrements. 

Lets make Public Mobile the first carrier to have unlimited data, ZONE FREE in Canada.

You guys are first in everything ... (No call centers, online only CSRs, forum based support team, no advertising but rely on word of mouth.....Why stop there.)

Youre not gonna lose .... U will only gain subscribers that way. 

Tmobile, Metro PCS, Sprint have done it this way for a while (Cricket being the latest to adopt it) but their data fair use policy is (before being throttled to just above 2,5G) is 50/23/22/23GB respectively. 

Am a happy PM customer of 3 lines.... No overage data fees/top ups in return gets to use slow data till my billing cycle once my allowance is done is fine by me

5 REPLIES 5

Somewhat confused by the whole concept except as it relates to getting cheaper data, because PM allows early renewal of a current plan. I have a friend on the 18 GB 3G plan who regularly renews early.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This has less then zero chance of seeing the light of day without additional competition injected into the marketplace.  I don't mean the fake competition like this service or lucky, chatr.

LeoCA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I hope not haha.... my idea is not turning PM into one of them... just make it unimited data by means of throttlelling like most American MVNOs. Without Zones.

if they do go and turned themselves into Chatr and Lucky... well hope they grandfatherred the current subscribers. and were back in the gutter for good cell plans. if they dont, am pulling out and moving to Freedom

Brandonlelievre
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would love to see this come to light. An unlimited package would be well worth the investment of anyone joining Pubic Mobile. 

Im not such a big fan of data throttling but the concept is a step in the right direction. Personally unlimited data is a great concept for public mobile to adapt and build on since they don’t have data sharing. It’s not like your going to get one sign up and then a bunch of devices added to the plan. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Interesting ideas,   my guess though,  is if/when  PM redesigns its plans they will become similar to chatr and lucky mobile.  just like koodo is the same/similar to virgin and fido.  

Need Help? Let's chat.