cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-ons

jsmitch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new to PM, and I'm a bit confused about data add-ons. Let's say I need a little extra data this month, and I buy a 200 MB data add-on for $5. Will I now be charged an extra $5 each month, or will this be a one-time purchase? In other words, will buying this data add-on permanently increase the cost of my plan by $5 every month? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

@jsmitch 

You can activate AutoPay on your account to get "bonus" plan data allocation every month (along with $2 Reward). Perhaps negating any need to purchase data add-ons.

The data add-ons aren't too costly, but if you consistently need to purchase them then their cost adds up and you'll probably find it cheaper to upgrade to a higher-cost plan which includes more data.

You'll get SMS notifications informing you when you reach 75% and 95% of your limit. At 100% your data just gets cut off until you buy more data, lol, no overages possible.

You can also install a data tracking app (if one isn't already built into the phone software) which measures data usage - although these aren't entirely accurate and when there's any discrepancies the data usage measured (and billed) on your Self-Serve is all that matters.

And you can of course use WiFi without consuming your cellular data. Assuming you have WiFi at home, work, or a free hotspot.

jsmitch

Thanks for the hint about the one gig of data. I'll keep it in mind.

jsmitch

Thanks very much to you and to everyone else who responded to my question. Very helpful, and it's the answer that I was hoping to hear.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jsmitch 

It’s just a one time purchase. Did not haft yo worry about a permanently increased phone plan. It’s there until it’s 100% used up

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jsmitch add ons are one time purchases and dont expire until used up.  The 1 gig data addon for $15 is the best buy. Stay safe. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jsmitch Each add on is a one time purchase that stays with you month after month after month until it is all used up. Welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.