cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-on navigation with my phone?

bpiprah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Question for Fellow Samsung owners purchasing Add-on's with Public Mobile!

I am purchasing an add-on to use 1GB of data strictly in the USA for 3 days, however I am unclear if I have to enable airplane mode on my Samsung S8 or not?

If not, what happens if someone tries to call/text me and I do not pickup the call would I be subjected to charges?

3 REPLIES 3

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need a talk add-on in order to make and receive calls.

U.S. Talk, Text and 250 MB Data bundle: $20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15
U.S. Talk Only: $8
U.S. Text Only: $8
U.S. Data Only: 250MB for $10500MB for $151GB for $20

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bpiprah wrote:

I am purchasing an add-on to use 1GB of data strictly in the USA for 3 days, however I am unclear if I have to enable airplane mode on my Samsung S8 or not?

If not, what happens if someone tries to call/text me and I do not pickup the call would I be subjected to charges?

How do you suppose the add-on would work if you were in airplane mode? 🙂

There are no surprise charges here.

You may very well receive those calls and texts. You can't call out or reply without another add-on.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bpiprah wrote:

@bpiprah You need to turn roaming on for you US Data roaming add-on to work in the US. Public Mobile is a strictly prepaid service provider so no overage charges ever. No need to put you phone in airplane mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.