cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-on Non-existent

vanvessemc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a data add-on and my credit card was charged but I haven't received the add-on. How do I get it?

I've been super annoyed with public mobile and this has made me officially angry.

(We can't even claim the system got confused and thinks it's my monthly payment as that's also charged to my credit card. Would LOVE a customer service email address instead of being forced to use my data to post on a website.)

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanvessemc : There's wifi just about everywhere these days. When did you attempt to buy the add-on? When did you deposit the money? Was your account suspended at the time? If this was last night then maybe your account renewed coincidentally with you wanting to buy data.

@vanvessemc 

Are you on the $15 plan? Did you recently go thru renewal?

What does your payment history show? Do you see this?

• 100 MIN CANADA WIDE MIN TALK......$5
  • 30 DAY PLAN ........................................$10
  • CREDIT/VISA DEBIT TOP UP.................$15

Or does it say : AUTOMATIC TOP UP.............$15?

•  

vanvessemc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The money isn't on my public mobile account but has been removed from my credit card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanvessemc : Yes it's a non-intuitive two steps to buy add-ons. You first need to deposit money into your account. Then you go back and buy the add-on. It's goofy..we know..but it's how to buy add-ons here.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@vanvessemc wrote:

I ordered a data add-on and my credit card was charged but I haven't received the add-on. How do I get it?

I've been super annoyed with public mobile and this has made me officially angry.

(We can't even claim the system got confused and thinks it's my monthly payment as that's also charged to my credit card. Would LOVE a customer service email address instead of being forced to use my data to post on a website.)

@vanvessemc 

Sorry all customer service is online here.

Buying addons are a 2 step process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-using-your-self-serve-account

When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:

• You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
  • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.

EDIT: Reboot your phone.

Customer service representatives are Moderators, and the only 2 ways to reach them are:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@vanvessemc wrote:

If the funds aren't already in your Public Mobile account, attempting to purchase an add-on only applies a top up. It does not actually purchase the add-on.  Check to see if your Public Mobile account balance has the amount of the top up and if it doesn,t go back now and go through the add-on purchase procedure again. 

Sorry, but there is no e-mail address to contact customer service. All contact with customer service must be done through this website.

Need Help? Let's chat.