cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add On

frankcaro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just updated my plan to a data one.How long will I wait before I can access the internet?

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

@Luddite I don't understand why do you say to him: to be sure to buy it a second time??? I have tried few days ago to buy 2 SAME add-on ( 200 Mb data) in my account and I have lost the first one which had 110 Mb left...I write a message to the mods imediately and everything was ok...I tried to explain to them to block the possibility to buy a same add-on..but they can't...

@Lieux it's about the two-step add-on purchasing process, you effectively have to "buy it twice".  The first time loads the funds into your account, and then you have to go back and actually buy it using those funds.  I'm pretty sure what @Luddite was talking about here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Luddite I don't understand why do you say to him: to be sure to buy it a second time??? I have tried few days ago to buy 2 SAME add-on ( 200 Mb data) in my account and I have lost the first one which had 110 Mb left...I write a message to the mods imediately and everything was ok...I tried to explain to them to block the possibility to buy a same add-on..but they can't...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@frankcaro Did you try to but a data add-on, or actually change your plan? If you really want a data add-on be sure to buy it a second time. See this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@srlawren wrote:

@frankcaro do you have your mobile data toggle turned off maybe?  It's easy enough to do this by accident (I have on a few occasions), or intentionally (in an effort to avoid data overages at other providers, for example).  

I agree, also I am not sure about android but with an iPhone you also need to allow Safari to use cellular data otherwise it may appear that it is not working. 

This is defaulted to on but if you had it off with your previous provider than that may need fixing.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

@frankcaro wrote:

I have samsung A5 2017 model.I have updated the APN settings but it still doesn't work.Could it be because i have a 1GB plan?

When you look at the plan overview tab in the self serve portal, do you see the 1GB data there under plans and add-ons?  If not, then something could have gone wrong with the plan change.  One question, there is an option to make a plan change immediate or future dated to next renewal.  What option was chosen?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@frankcaro do you have your mobile data toggle turned off maybe?  It's easy enough to do this by accident (I have on a few occasions), or intentionally (in an effort to avoid data overages at other providers, for example).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

No that's not the case...did you try what it 's written before...lost/stolen trick in your self serve account..? @frankcaro

frankcaro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have samsung A5 2017 model.I have updated the APN settings but it still doesn't work.Could it be because i have a 1GB plan?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@frankcaro wrote:

I just updated my plan to a data one.How long will I wait before I can access the internet?

You should be able to use it right away.  What type of phone do you have and do you have the correct APN setting.  

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frankcaro wrote:

Which plan were you on?

Which plan did you switch to?

Did you switch at your renewal time or immediate?

Did you restart your phone?

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.