cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-On simply did not work - no response from Moderator team via private message

vladanajevtic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have sent three private messages to Moderator_Team since Sunday and have had zero response. I purchased a 1GB data add-on when I realized my plan data was almost up. The plan data ran out, and the add-on simply did not start working. There is a record of the transaction on my account, and I purchased the credit/then purchased the data (I've done it before the same way with no issue).

Now, I've had no data for three days, and no customer support whatsoever. Is there any way to get technical assistance or request a ticket be opened outside of using the community? I really need to get my data working, and to be honest I would like reimbursement for the money I spent on a data add-on that didn't work.

Thanks,

VJ

12 REPLIES 12

Not sure if it has been suggested, turn off WiFi assist if it isn’t already.

its great when you have an unlimited plan, but on metered data plans, your data will be eaten up.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

. iPhones do not have a data limit feature, only android does and it needs to be set by the user. 

Sheesh, gotta love Apple.

@vladanajevtic wrote:

@will13am

Confirming that I completed the 2-step process (Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit followed by 1GB Data Add-on / Option de 1Go in the same amount: $30).

I am not aware of any data usage limits on my phone and have never run into that issue in the past. To be honest, I am not sure how to check that as it's never been a problem before. I have an iphone 5.

If you look at the overview page, do you see the add-on data there?  If you have been unable to use any of it, then it should show 0/1024 MB in the My Data & Add-Ons section. 

@GreatCanadian wrote:

I don't know the steps offhand how to do this on an iPhone, but go into your settings and see if you have your data limit set to cut off at a certain point 

Can you send MMS messages (just confirming that your data is indeed turned on). 

iPhones do not have a data limit feature, only android does and it needs to be set by the user. 

GreatCanadian

I don't know the steps offhand how to do this on an iPhone, but go into your settings and see if you have your data limit set to cut off at a certain point 

Can you send MMS messages (just confirming that your data is indeed turned on). 

vladanajevtic

Restarted several times. Thank you though.

vladanajevtic

@will13am

Confirming that I completed the 2-step process (Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit followed by 1GB Data Add-on / Option de 1Go in the same amount: $30).

I am not aware of any data usage limits on my phone and have never run into that issue in the past. To be honest, I am not sure how to check that as it's never been a problem before. I have an iphone 5.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vladanajevtic wrote:

@GreatCanadian It was the $30 1GB add on for Canada.

Did you restart your phone? That's what I had to do to let it pick up the fact that there was a data service available.

vladanajevtic

@GreatCanadian It was the $30 1GB add on for Canada.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@vladanajevtic wrote:

Hello,

I have sent three private messages to Moderator_Team since Sunday and have had zero response. I purchased a 1GB data add-on when I realized my plan data was almost up. The plan data ran out, and the add-on simply did not start working. There is a record of the transaction on my account, and I purchased the credit/then purchased the data (I've done it before the same way with no issue).

Now, I've had no data for three days, and no customer support whatsoever. Is there any way to get technical assistance or request a ticket be opened outside of using the community? I really need to get my data working, and to be honest I would like reimbursement for the money I spent on a data add-on that didn't work.

Thanks,

VJ

No other way to get help, unfortunately, just through the forum. I know that their response times these days are around 48 hours, so there's a good chance you'll hear back soon. 

But yeah, if you didn't get the add on when you needed it and don't need it anymore, I'd definitely request a refund.

GreatCanadian

Did you pay $20 or $30.

The $20 one is for US roaming (won't work for your purposes).

The $30 is the Canadian add-on. That's the one you want.

GC

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@vladanajevtic, just want to confirm that you completed the two step process for purchasing the add-on.  If you see funds in your account, then you need to go back and complete step 2.  Take a look at this thread for reference.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

If the add-on has been confirmed as purchased, then check the phone to make sure there are no data usage limits impeding further data usage. 

Need Help? Let's chat.