cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Data Add On not activated

@Tallangela wrote:

Now I have to WTF.  I got this "private message" from a "moderator" .  Ya right - do I look stupid?  Wait you forgot to ask for my social insurance number.  Hang on let me send an e-transfer to your bank account. Please send me your banking info. 

See the Private message:

Date: 11-15-2018 11:44 AM 

Hi Smiley Happy
Thank you for reaching out to us!

We are sorry for the delay and to read about your situation. We will be more than happy to assist you Smiley Happy

In order to secure & access your account, may I please ask you to provide me with your phone number as well as your 4 digit PIN?
If you don't remember the PIN, please provide us all information matching up your account:

-Date of Birth 
-Last four digits of a registered credit card 
-Address with Postal Code 
-Home or business contact number 
-Email address

I shall be awaiting for your reply to help you further

-Amine

Moderators are Public Mobile employees and need to verify that the account involved is really yours.

If you know your PIN, that's all information required to verify your account.

If you have forgotten your PIN they need more than one piece of information to make sure that you are the legitimate owner of the account in question.

As far as my experience goes, other providers have similar verification processes in place.

Mayor / Maire

@Tallangela private messages with the Moderator_Team user is how you get help.  Aimee is one of the moderators. You can learn more here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745 and here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@Tallangela:

When it comes to your money, wouldn't you want a service provider to make darn sure that they are talking to you?

But just curious...did you in fact send a message to the mods? If yes then what you got was a standard reply asking for identity verification. If not then that would be a little disturbing. I ask because no one had suggested for you to send a message to them. So you may have done that on your own which is fine. But if you got this out of the blue then yeah...hmm.

Please reply back to them informing them that you got things going.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Data Add On not activated - screenshots attached

20190104_235814.jpg20190104_235831.jpg20190104_235848.jpg20190104_235859.jpg

Mayor / Maire

Re: Data Add On not activated - screenshots attached

@dreamboats198 wrote:

@dreamboats198

I think you need APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks, resolved now...