cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add On not activated

Tallangela
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,  

I have searched the forum and do not see a comprehensive answer to this query. Two days ago I paid for 200mb data add on.  I first added money to my account and then selected the "add on" feature for data. This morning it is still not activated.  Thank you for any replies.

15 REPLIES 15

dreamboats198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thanks, resolved now...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dreamboats198 wrote:

@dreamboats198

I think you need APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

dreamboats198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

20190104_235814.jpg20190104_235831.jpg20190104_235848.jpg20190104_235859.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tallangela:

When it comes to your money, wouldn't you want a service provider to make darn sure that they are talking to you?

But just curious...did you in fact send a message to the mods? If yes then what you got was a standard reply asking for identity verification. If not then that would be a little disturbing. I ask because no one had suggested for you to send a message to them. So you may have done that on your own which is fine. But if you got this out of the blue then yeah...hmm.

Please reply back to them informing them that you got things going.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tallangela private messages with the Moderator_Team user is how you get help.  Aimee is one of the moderators. You can learn more here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745 and here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Tallangela wrote:

Now I have to WTF.  I got this "private message" from a "moderator" .  Ya right - do I look stupid?  Wait you forgot to ask for my social insurance number.  Hang on let me send an e-transfer to your bank account. Please send me your banking info. 

See the Private message:

Date: 11-15-2018 11:44 AM 

Hi 🙂
Thank you for reaching out to us!

We are sorry for the delay and to read about your situation. We will be more than happy to assist you 🙂

In order to secure & access your account, may I please ask you to provide me with your phone number as well as your 4 digit PIN?
If you don't remember the PIN, please provide us all information matching up your account:

-Date of Birth 
-Last four digits of a registered credit card 
-Address with Postal Code 
-Home or business contact number 
-Email address

I shall be awaiting for your reply to help you further

-Amine

Moderators are Public Mobile employees and need to verify that the account involved is really yours.

If you know your PIN, that's all information required to verify your account.

If you have forgotten your PIN they need more than one piece of information to make sure that you are the legitimate owner of the account in question.

As far as my experience goes, other providers have similar verification processes in place.

Tallangela

Now I have to WTF.  I got this "private message" from a "moderator" .  Ya right - do I look stupid?  Wait you forgot to ask for my social insurance number.  Hang on let me send an e-transfer to your bank account. Please send me your banking info. 

See the Private message:

Date: 11-15-2018 11:44 AM 

Hi 🙂
Thank you for reaching out to us!

We are sorry for the delay and to read about your situation. We will be more than happy to assist you 🙂

In order to secure & access your account, may I please ask you to provide me with your phone number as well as your 4 digit PIN?
If you don't remember the PIN, please provide us all information matching up your account:

-Date of Birth 
-Last four digits of a registered credit card 
-Address with Postal Code 
-Home or business contact number 
-Email address

I shall be awaiting for your reply to help you further

-Amine

@srlawren, thanks for that catch!  I use a tool at work called Data Pilot.

Opps!  Editing mine now.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@Tallangela, not sure what phone platform you're on, but I suggest getting a data tracking app that works on a 30 or 90-day schedule, depending on what your plan cycle is.

I'm on an Android phone, and use Data Pilot PM, by community member @IWIK.   It's free in the play store.

@Tallangela small correction, it's called Data Witness PM and can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Tallangela, not sure what phone platform you're on, but I suggest getting a data tracking app that works on a 30 or 90-day schedule, depending on what your plan cycle is.

I'm on an Android phone, and use Data Witness PM, by community member @IWIK.   It's free in the play store.

EDIT :  Corrected program name as noticed was a mistake!

Tallangela

Thanks for this information Robert.  I looked and sure enough I used up the measly data add on already. Yikes!  I didn't think I could burn through that much data so soon. I will have to reset all the background refresh so this doesn't happen again next month.

@Tallangela wrote:

Hi Dunkgirl,  

The money has been withdrawn from available funds and it doe snot show under add-ons in self serve and it is not working on my phone. 

@TallangelaCan you log into your self serve account and go to usage history? Also check on your phone under data usage and see if anything used the data.

This may not be the problem but 200mb is very little data, almost 0 in regards to updates, phone cloud back ups and many other automated processes that run in the backround without your knowledge. If you do not currently have 3G data included in your plan it defaults to LTE speeds, if this is the case your entire 200mb could be used up in a matter of seconds.

One of the quirks with the self serve system if the data isn't showing then it has been used up. Conventional thinking would suggest that the system display the data still showing 100% consumption. Unfortunately, the self serve is programmed to remove reference to data when it is all used up.  Otherwise if you are 100% sure you used no data, and properly did both steps to purchase it then you have an account issue and will need to contact the moderator team for assistance.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tallangela, add-on purchase is a two step process.  Take a look at this thread post on how to navigate the add-on purchase process.  If you completed the two steps as illustrated, reboot your phone and the add-on should be working.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Tallangela

Hi Dunkgirl,  

The money has been withdrawn from available funds and it doe snot show under add-ons in self serve and it is not working on my phone. 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tallangela wrote:

Hi,  

I have searched the forum and do not see a comprehensive answer to this query. Two days ago I paid for 200mb data add on.  I first added money to my account and then selected the "add on" feature for data. This morning it is still not activated.  Thank you for any replies.

So the money has been withdrawn from available funds?

When you say not activated does it not show in self serve under add-ons?

Or does it show and your phone just doesn't work with data?

The most common reason data is not working would be that you need to update the APN settings/search for the network manually.

In your phone settings under Mobile Network --> Carrier --> select Manually search for network and click on Public Mobile

For APN, it would be under Mobile Network --> Access Point Names

Add a new APN and enter the Public Mobile details -->https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.