cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add On US Roaming Not Working

alhamz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently bought an add-on from public mobile for roaming in the US but it's not working. Data and calls are all not operational. I have checked data roaming which is on, tried resetting the phone and re-inserted the SIM but I have no connection on my S6Edge.

14 REPLIES 14

nayanishhinge

I have looked at the solution and it did not help me here.

I had bought the Us Data Roaming add-on on August 3rd and it worked back then. Since the validity is 10 days i tried using the same today since the Add-on was showing active on my account however none of data and calls/texts worked today. The cellular provider wa TMobile and At&t, both of them did not work. When i tried to call local and canadian numbers i got message from public mobile that i do not have US Data roaming add-on on my public mobile account and i need to add an add-on to call/text local numbers.

I don't understand why i got such message when my account clearly shows the add-on as 'Active'

US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
51.045  /  250 MB

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@z_nixwrote:

I did the 2 step process already. 

I can see the add-on active on my account but I still cannot use the data.

I'm asking for technical solution. Do I need to set up a specific APN? Connect to a specific US network? 

@z_nix As the solution reply noted: try manually selecting either AT&T or T-Mobile.  If the first one is unsuccessful, try the other.  

[EDIT: sorry just realized you already confirmed data roaming is on; I removed that part of my reply]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

z_nix

I did the 2 step process already. 

I can see the add-on active on my account but I still cannot use the data.

I'm asking for technical solution. Do I need to set up a specific APN? Connect to a specific US network? 

alhamz

This already has a solution posted. Scroll to the top of the thread and click the link for the solution which will take you to that reply.

z_nix

I am currently in California. Flew in from Toronto last night. 

I purchased the US Roaming + Data add-on yesterday at afternoon (EST)

Do I need to put in APN settings or anything to get the my data working? 

I am not able to use data on my phone.

I've basically paid for a service that I can't use. Can someone please help?

alhamz

@Vimalkumar I did not have to wait any number of hours. As soon as I had correctly added the add-on, roaming on my phone started working.

srlawren

@Vimalkumar in your first reply, you made it sound like you just have to wait 8 hours and then it starts working.  But no, that didn't happen to you.  You had to wait until you actually completed the second step of the process, and after that it worked immediately, right?  So, you can disagree with me all you want, but it's fact that after you purchase the add-on, there is no waiting period, 8 hours or otherwise.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Vimalkumar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
When i was traveling in us i had activeed 15$ us roaming package.i did payment with my credit card but it didn't activated,first $15 debited from my payment card and added in my public Mobile account curre nt balance.and then i had to reactivated my us roaming adon package. Then it was working. I'm not agree with you.it was happened with me.

srlawren

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Hi,

There are no issue.dont worry it will work after eight hours from when you added adon.

@Vimalkumar I don't know where you got that idea from, but this is completely false.  When you complete the second of the two steps of purchasing an add-on, there is no delay whatsoever in it being functional.  

Vimalkumar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

There are no issue.dont worry it will work after eight hours from when you added adon.

@Taekgun FYI: SIM card number not needed by moderators to locate an activated account; only if activation has failed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

alhamz

Thank you very much for the prompt response. I had just added the money and could see it but never added the data. As you suggested I went back and added it and it is now functional all the way. Cheers.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@alhamz, are you sure the addon got added correctly.  It is a two step process. If you didn't do the multiple purchases you probably have the money for your addon sitting in your available funds. If the money is in available funds in your self serve just go in and repurchase the addon. If the addon is showing in your self serve make sure roaming is on and try to manually select the network. AT&T or T-Mobile is what you are looking for. If none of that works it will be time to contact the mods

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alhamz

Have you ensured that "Roaming" is turned on for your phone?  Make sure it is turned on, then reboot your device.

Remember, buying an add-on is a two step process of adding funds to your account and then buying the add-on!  Make sure you can see the add-on in your self serve to confirm its applied to your account.

If you've done all that and you're still having issues, you'll need the help of a moderator to get your account sorted out.

Send a private message to @Moderator_Team, include your following info:
- account number
- phone number
- sim card number (if you have it)
- a brief description of what has happened

…and they will be able to look into it for you.
Click the link for an explanation on how to private message the moderators: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

*** I’m here to help but I’m not a PM Moderator, so please don’t private message me with any of your account information. ***

Need Help? Let's chat.