cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily receiving texts and emails from Public Mobile.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

In addition to the many annoying spam emails and texts that I receive and  clicking the "unsubscribe" link to no avail --- I am now also being spammed by PM with various offers that I'm just not interested in. Any ideas on how to stop receiving messages from PM?

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BEER 

I will not stop receiving PM messages from my accounts as I received an PM SMS offer yesterday to get a $20 referrer credit + $1 reward/m to refer family and friends to PM by June 25.

@BEER 

Are you getting these via your community account? I have emails turned off from my community account as they can be relentless if you contribute a lot. The occasional spammers that slip in  would be stopped from reaching your email otherwise. 

Other than the regular renewal texts and my first Cha-ching! text in a long while the other day there are very few texts from pm although we are due for a CCTS reminder text any day now.....

After doing a search I have recieved one unsolicited email in the last year and two since the beginning of 2020. Previous to 2020 I was sent regular deal alerts for each promotion. These are the last three emails sent to me by pm.

Screenshot_20210605-104747.pngScreenshot_20210605-104854.pngScreenshot_20210605-104909.png

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BEER 

Double check that the offers/etc are legitimate... I've received several fake messages previously and agree it's very annoying.  I haven't gotten any offers from Public Mobile lately, atleast through text.

Like others have said, it may be best if you just block them, buf if they're legitimately from Public Mobile - you can unsubscribe and/or ask a Moderator.

Sometimes old numbers remain on various "lists" for a long time so sometimes changing your number can reduce the junk you get!  🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

what kind of offer you get?  I don't get too many offers from PM on either email or text.  Are they really from PM?    you want to send us some examples?

If they are PM offers, there would be an unsubscribe link or something like reply something to unsubscribe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you getting these _from_ PM? Or _via_ PM? Distinct difference.

Seems some spammers are sending pm's to customers inside the pm system. PM does not spam. PM and Telus send out marketing crap (which yes could be defined as spam) but that's only because you're a customer. If you're getting offers and crap from external entities then that's just plain old spam.

If you've unsubscribed to legitimate things then they should stop. Clicking anything on spam is always unwise.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

In addition to the many annoying spam emails and texts that I receive and  clicking the "unsubscribe" link to no avail --- I am now also being spammed by PM with various offers that I'm just not interested in. Any ideas on how to stop receiving messages from PM?

@BEER , keep unsubscribing OR block the numbers on your device OR contact Moderators to remove you from lists.

BUT - you may miss out on future goodies - warning!!

Need Help? Let's chat.