cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

Rob6116
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why doe public  mobile refuse to contact you in person to resolve issues with service 

28 REPLIES 28

the issue is they don't know how to contact a human... they think SIMon is customer support, but it's not...

Rob6116

I'm just more into dealing in person than trivial complaining over non personal means

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rob6116 is the OP. I think he just felt like starting a discussion topic.

For me, it's also about grinding the company down. There comes a point in our trivial complaints that it's just not worth it to them anymore so they give in. But we need to work for it.

I think this thread should be moved to Lounge or Lulu bin. 

@Rob6116 wrote:

You'd be surprised at who you can talk to with the right  ambition and contacts 

@Rob6116  ,so, you are talking to a bunch of enthusiastic PMers that are willing to give you surprise by helping you with your issue.  Can you tell us what is your problem with PM today? (other than you just need a live person  🙂 )

Rob6116

You'd be surprised at who you can talk to with the right  ambition and contacts 

@Anonymous 

You are lucky, these days the call centres are contracted out to another country, the support might not even know who Jeff Bezos is.  LoL

BTW, Amazon used to give one extra free month for failing to deliver on time, lately they changed to $5 Amazon dollar, with a minimum spend or expiration date or so.  So, you can try that next time instead of try to get a hold of your buddy Jeff. 

@Rob6116 wrote:

Already be there delt with pm very disappointed 

@Rob6116  - just making sure you know that this is a Public Form for only Community Users of mainly Public Mobile customers. We are not Public Mobile Representatives. 

If you have account related issue Public Mobile Moderators can be contacted to resolve.

But many issues can be resolved, here, on the Community.

@Rob6116 wrote:

@Rob6116 

How is it possible that you've posted 1/2 a dozen times in the past few hours and haven't told the many users here, who are ready to assist, anything meaningful that we might be able to provide feedback or advice on?

Perhaps when you're ready to share, get back to us.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I once had an adventure with Amazon (not an 🙂 ). I was in the states. I joined Prime to order something to be delivered where I was before I left. It didn't arrive when promised. I call. Blah biddy blah some something higher agent says after more stonewalling then to my additional request to talk to someone actually said there's no one else to talk to. I retort with oh really so Jeff Bezos no longer works there and owns the place does he. Pause. One moment please. A very helpful person gets on and solves the worlds problems.

The End.

I don't imagine we'd ever get to to talk one on one with Darren Entwhistle either.

Rob6116

@LurganIeUk wrote:

And @Rob6116  Try full service at Bell, they have real people there......but might just be worse and likely won't be any better as most customer service reps are hopeless and rude. And unlikely your issue will not be resolved in a timely manner as compared to PM. 

I have been there twice and never again!!!

Well @LurganIeUk , at least we have that experience in common.   LOL.

@Rob6116 wrote:

I'm interested in finding out if at on point you might be like you parent  companies and give pm customers a true customer service  koodo an telus do

@Rob6116 , 

Doubt it, 3rd tier costs at 3rd tier services.

But, most of this is ALL GOOD, IMO.

Yes, an be frustrating, but ever have another company you dealt with and called their customer service and ended the call much more frustrated then before you called. It happens even talking to a 'real' person.

But if you have issues, let's troubleshoot them, come on, give us a shot!

You may be pleasantly pleased. Or just unemotional about it, actually.

@Rob6116 wrote:

Kind reminds me of dealing with public mobile at least with real people  you can get somewhere ever if ther rud there always  someone higher up who will  understand your situation  and deal  with your situation and not just shut you off 

If that's the model you prefer to deal with, @Rob6116 , what's keeping you from going there?

Just know that the Big 3 top tiers are designed to keep you 'feeling' important enough to take as much money from you as they can by letting you believe you're getting good value for your money.

They know when to say 'no' and when to say 'yes', just enough to keep you satisfied enough to stay.   Then 2-3 years into it, after they're done with you, they'll not try as hard to give you the same service and deals that you see others getting as new customers.   Then you'll realize a lower tier service could have gotten you the same level of service without the constant need for calling, pressing buttons, waiting, speaking to one person, waiting, speaking to another person, waiting, then after 3-4 people seem to 'consult' on your situation, either give in or not.

All the while, you've spent a good hour or more on the phone.

Again, whichever model serves your best interest.   I know which one I'd prefer.

Rob6116

I'm interested in finding out if at on point you might be like you parent  companies and give pm customers a true customer service  koodo an telus do

So do you have an issue or just an unsubstantiated comment??

Rob6116

Kind reminds me of dealing with public mobile at least with real people  you can get somewhere ever if ther rud there always  someone higher up who will  understand your situation  and deal  with your situation and not just shut you off 

And @Rob6116  Try full service at Bell, they have real people there......but might just be worse and likely won't be any better as most customer service reps are hopeless and rude. And unlikely your issue will not be resolved in a timely manner as compared to PM. 

I have been there twice and never again!!!

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rob6116 

Your complaint reminds me of the guy who bought a horse and complained that the milk was so sour. Many customers accept PM for what it is. If that's not you, why stay? There are plenty of alternative Canadian carriers. If you are a business owner who absolutely needs fast, in-person response, PM just isn't your company, and you should know that. You are not in PM's market nich.

I say this as a longtime PM critic, who only a month ago was considering pulling my accounts because of the crappy customer support. Yet yesterday i brought another family member into the PM fold. Why? Because, in that one past case, I was able to stumble onto a solution on my own, despite useless advice from the mods. (Pure luck). But more importantly, because in more routine problems, there are some pretty smart people in the PM community who can come up with answers a lot faster than you'll get from any of the tier-one professional support organizations. I had that point driven home just this morning.

Sure the service could be better, and I hope that it will improve. Meanwhile there just haven't been that many occasions, in these last couple years, when I've needed customer support. Day-to-day, the actual cell phone service is seamless and solid -- for a fraction of what you'll pay elsewhere. 

@Rob6116 wrote:

They don't give  you hu.an contact the just email  even whenever you try it's never by human contact like speaking to someone in person if it not in person it not good customer service 

1. What issues have you had?

2. Were they fixed to your satisfaction?

3. Were you inconvenienced with loss of service?

4. How do you come to this evaluation? Based on what? 

5. As mentioned...save money....and competition wise PM is the best....this is the way, that most prepaid plans work......either accept the methods or move on. 

@Rob6116 , I think most Tier 3 Mobiles providers are like that.  

It might not be a model that fit everyone, but certainly some people rather save some money  .

BTW, what issue are you having?  maybe we can help?

Rob6116

I would say that's an excuse to say to keep costs down I do own my own  business and by being personal with my customers I make more money  and I have been looking into a different company maybe other people like me will  find that they get better  service in person 

@Rob6116 wrote:

They don't give  you hu.an contact the just email  even whenever you try it's never by human contact like speaking to someone in person if it not in person it not good customer service 

@Rob6116 I understand your concern.  But Public Mobile only provide service online to keep costs down. .  

If you need human customer service, you might want to change your service provider.

RosieR

Rob6116

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Rob6116 wrote:

Why doe public  mobile refuse to contact you in person to resolve issues with service 

Hi @Rob6116 what do you mean?  Did you submit a ticket or send a private message to the moderators and you have not heard from them?  How long ago was that?  It takes 2 to 48 hrs to receive a response from the Moderato Team.  They are not refusing to contact you... they are just a bit slow in contacting you.

Please give us more information so we can help you better.

RosieR

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Rob6116 wrote:

I think the OP is asking why they refuse to offer person to person contact at PM.  @Rob6116can you confirm.....why the policy....or have your been refused service??

Public Mobile is Telus's response to the CTRC to provide a lower fee mobile service. All the big  carriers were ordered to do so. You will see one for Bell has Lucky, and Rogers has Chart etc. 

To have low costs it is all online and will use a website that does have functional flaws and poor wording in some cases. And my guess some of the MODs are off shore and some are trainees on a mission and if mission succeeds, they move on into the ranks of Telus proper. If you have a valid issue you can trust that you will be taken care of. 

Their system has inherited issues from the Telus prepaid system along with their own created issues. But all in all is good but not perfect. But for many and most there are no issues. And there are some things you can put in place to prevent the known issues.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Rob6116 

Public Mobile is a service which is an on-line (do-it-yourself) based model for provision of mobile services.

It makes no assertions otherwise and relies on other members through the Community to help other customers along the way.

The majority of issues can be resolved through consultation within the Community, by other members who have experienced it themselves, or have guided others through similar problems.

The matters which require specific account based intervention require contact to Public Mobile staff, called Moderators.

This is how you contact them:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Rob6116 wrote:

What do you mean refuse to contact you.  Have you raised a trouble ticket and you haven't heard back from them yet?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.