cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom plan - out of data

karfai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last month I switched to Public Mobile. I selected a custom 90 day plan that (from what I could tell) gave me 3GB of data per month over the 90 days. It's now a month later and it seems like I'm out of data. I expected it would renew or something after 30 days, but it hasn't. I tripled checked the plan before I confirmed. I'm 100% certain that I bought 9GB of data, expecting 3GB per month.

I know what I'm doing and I wouldn't have switched from a grandfathered Freedom Mobile account for 1GB of data per month for 135$.

Anyone know what happened?

22 REPLIES 22

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Try to get some credit for the confusion, they are usually pretty good for retaining customers as long as you are not asking for something impossible or being rude.

Get on the autopay and take $40 plan it will give you 15gigs over 90 days for $114 plus more flexibility for change in a case you travel and want to move temporarily to 10 plan or if your usage change and you need a bit more that month

jclaydon2018
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

yup I used to have the 1 gig of LTE data for $45. 45x3 = $135

So i could see it being 3 gigs total over 90 days..

i am glad they got rid of the 90 day plans since there was no actual savings for it and it was confusing..  

-James

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karfai wrote:

You're not stuck with that plan...have a look at the Plans menu before next renewal date. Some of the current offerings are better-than-competetively priced. Where Public Mobile IS lacking is 4G options. If you can live with 3G, there's some good deals...and there's usually a Promo or FLASH sale that might work for you.

Good luck and hope you stick around.

Yeah, I like the coverage (WIND's is terrible if you're in Montreal all the time), so I'll stay. I've had to buy the 40$ 30d plan just to get some data. I'll have to argue with .. someone (?) for a refund on the plan.

@Anonymous That image you linked is exactly what I recall selecting. Thanks for it.

I think you're gonna have to eat it. It's likely one of the many reasons why they got rid of the 90 day plans in the BYO (ie. the whole BYO). Far too many people got too confused over it. Like now.

karfai

You're not stuck with that plan...have a look at the Plans menu before next renewal date. Some of the current offerings are better-than-competetively priced. Where Public Mobile IS lacking is 4G options. If you can live with 3G, there's some good deals...and there's usually a Promo or FLASH sale that might work for you.

Yeah, I like the coverage (WIND's is terrible if you're in Montreal all the time), so I'll stay. I've had to buy the 40$ 30d plan just to get some data. I'll have to argue with .. someone (?) for a refund on the plan.

@Anonymous That image you linked is exactly what I recall selecting. Thanks for it.

@karfai wrote:

@karfai wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

When your next renewal happens, take note of your data allotment...I suspect you'll see it's 3GB / 90 days. Can you recall how much $$ the plan was ?

135$

From "Plan Details":

3GB at 4G LTE Speed /90 Days, so it seems you're correct, but that's not what I paid for. I would have considered that ridiculous and never switched from WIND. There's a small chance I slipped into a "dark pattern" in the planner UI, but I'm sure I would've seen that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karfai wrote:

I found an image from Dec/18 in srlawren's image library. There was a 9GB 4G LTE. I can't be certain if those numbers changed since then.

@AnonymousCool, thanks. Where is this image library? I thought I was going a little crazy second guessing what I bought.

Here

Which was used in this thread.

karfai

I found an image from Dec/18 in srlawren's image library. There was a 9GB 4G LTE. I can't be certain if those numbers changed since then.

@AnonymousCool, thanks. Where is this image library? I thought I was going a little crazy second guessing what I bought.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karfai wrote:

@karfai wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

When your next renewal happens, take note of your data allotment...I suspect you'll see it's 3GB / 90 days. Can you recall how much $$ the plan was ?

135$

From "Plan Details":

3GB at 4G LTE Speed /90 Days, so it seems you're correct, but that's not what I paid for. I would have considered that ridiculous and never switched from WIND. There's a small chance I slipped into a "dark pattern" in the planner UI, but I'm sure I would've seen that.

Yeah it's kinda goofy that in the open plan builder it was white but then in the change plan in self-serve it was blue. But then maybe that's a good differentiator.

But it's moot now. You have 3GB. Alas. But hey...there's a $40 for 5GB. Less than what you were paying (averaged out per 30 days).

karfai

@karfai wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

135$

From "Plan Details":

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karfai wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Click on Plan Details in the self-serve. What is shown?

It does not renew each month. The total bucket is there for the 90 days. You're saying some keywords that indicate a misunderstanding.

Maybe someone has an image of the 90 day data buckets to verify that 9GB was one of the offerings.

Plan Details show I'm out of data. That's why I'm here.

IIRC, the custom plan LTE choices were 3, 9, 12GB over 90 days. I remember doing the math to decide which most closely matched my WIND usage. I'd love it if someone has a screenshot of the old planner.

BTW. Great community here. Didn't expect replies at 23h00. Thanks @Anonymous , @hairbag1 , @kselmak 

The components of your plan should be in the Plan Details page. The counter is on the overview. And yes if you don't see it there then you've used it. But the plan component should be in Plan Details.

karfai

@hairbag1 wrote:

135$

karfai

@Anonymous wrote:

It does not renew each month. The total bucket is there for the 90 days. You're saying some keywords that indicate a misunderstanding.

Maybe someone has an image of the 90 day data buckets to verify that 9GB was one of the offerings.

Plan Details show I'm out of data. That's why I'm here.

IIRC, the custom plan LTE choices were 3, 9, 12GB over 90 days. I remember doing the math to decide which most closely matched my WIND usage. I'd love it if someone has a screenshot of the old planner.

BTW. Great community here. Didn't expect replies at 23h00. Thanks @Anonymous , @hairbag1 , @kselmak 

@karfai wrote:

Having checked my phone, I can see I've used just around 3GB of data since I switched to Public Mobile. I'm 90% certain I bought 9GB of data on the 90 day plan. There's no way I would have bought it otherwise. Unfortunately, I don't have anything in the receipt that I received when I paid that tells me the plan and the reporting mode in "My Account" is designed to show nothing when the data add-on is finished.

NOW I'm stuck paying extra... Not a good impression after hearing so many good reviews about Public Mobile.

@karfai 

If I remember correctly, for the LTE plan for 90 days, it is likely only 3 GB for the whole 90 days.  The problem is now we can't check since PM has gotten rid of the 90 day build your own plan option.  I don't remember 9 GB of LTE for only $135.  That is pricing for 3G data plans.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karfai wrote:

Last month I switched to Public Mobile. I selected a custom 90 day plan that (from what I could tell) gave me 3GB of data per month over the 90 days. It's now a month later and it seems like I'm out of data. I expected it would renew or something after 30 days, but it hasn't. I tripled checked the plan before I confirmed. I'm 100% certain that I bought 9GB of data, expecting 3GB per month.

I know what I'm doing and I wouldn't have switched from a grandfathered Freedom Mobile account for 1GB of data per month for 135$.

karfai

@hairbag1 wrote:

The data included is for a 90 day stretch. If you used it all in 1 month...it's all exhausted until renewal date or you can also buy a 1GB Add-on but at $30 !!

If you want you can find one of the 30 day plans and start right away, but you'll be scarificing whatever time/text/data remains in your existing plan.

@hairbag1 Yeah... That's why I went the custom plan route. I wanted LTE data and the add-on was 30$ for 1GB. I'm sure I bought 9GB, I remember doing the monthly calculation in my head. Unfortunately, Public Mobile's receipt in email doesn't show what I bought.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@karfai wrote:

The data included is for a 90 day stretch. If you used it all in 1 month...it's all exhausted until renewal date or you can also buy a 1GB Add-on but at $30 !!

PS...the plan you bought probably included 3GB over the entire 90 days.

If you want you can find one of the 30 day plans and start right away, but you'll be scarificing whatever time/text/data remains in your existing plan.

Contact the mods

They will help you out definitely

When it is that plain simple and logical they will take your word for it

@karfai they have been helpful with many mistakes and missunderstandings. You may have to wait for couple of days. 

@karfai wrote:

Having checked my phone, I can see I've used just around 3GB of data since I switched to Public Mobile. I'm 90% certain I bought 9GB of data on the 90 day plan. There's no way I would have bought it otherwise. Unfortunately, I don't have anything in the receipt that I received when I paid that tells me the plan and the reporting mode in "My Account" is designed to show nothing when the data add-on is finished.

NOW I'm stuck paying extra... Not a good impression after hearing so many good reviews about Public Mobile.

karfai

Well you should definitely contact moderators about it

Warning, it may take couple of days to get the response

karfai

When I bought the plan I bough 9GB of LTE data. I haven't changed my usage patterns, so I have a tough time believing that I used all of that in 30 days.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

As far as I know the 90 day plane don't quote monthly data.

For some time they don't look good at all, apparently they had really good deals back in the day way before I was here

Did you buy 9g or 3g plan?

What else did it include, unlimited USA?

Thai really looks pricy

Maybe you could contact moderators and ask politely if they could help you out 

I suggest 5gigs for $38 (use autopay it gives you extra data and $2 monthly credit. So you will end up with 114 and 15 gigs over 90 days

See if they can offer some kind of credit

Need Help? Let's chat.