cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current $30 Plan

gdd888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, when I signed up to PM last March I got 1.5 gb data + all I can text N/A + all I can talk Canada with auto pay for $30.  Somewhere along the way I now only get 1 gb data + all I can text N/A + all I can talk Canada with auto pay. 

I see there is a plan option that is $25 per 30 days that has the same 500 + 500 mb data (with auto pay) and the same talk & text as my $30 plan.  When I went to change plans to the $25 per 30 days, for the next billing cycle, I got a warning that I would lose my texting/talk and end up with only data.

Please help me understand what is going on here.

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GinYVR wrote:

@PAULRANG18@gdd888 Do note a downgrade of plans on renewal dates often triggers a bug which leaves the account useless until Moderators' intervention. Since the OP is downgrading a plan, I would renewal a day or so before the actually renewal date.

Or deposit the amount of the current plan into the account before the due date to avoid this possible bug. The next day the Available Funds should be that minus the new plan cost which can then be used for the next renewal on the new plan.

Edit: ninja'd

@gdd888 wrote:

Nope, I know for sure that I chose the $25 - 500 + 500 gb, all I can talk/text plan.  And the "change your plan at the next renewal" was also selected.

@gdd888  That is the correct way of doing it. My recommendation would be to make a one time payment into your account of $5 before your next plan renewal to avoid the bug with downgrading your plan. Do not renew your plan one day early because you will end up losing you rewards.

@gdd888 wrote:

Nope, I know for sure that I chose the $25 - 500 + 500 gb, all I can talk/text plan.  And the "change your plan at the next renewal" was also selected.

If you did change to the $25 plan, it looks like you may have hit the bug mentioned by GinYVR.

gdd888

@PAULRANG18@gdd888 Do note a downgrade of plans on renewal dates often triggers a bug which leaves the account useless until Moderators' intervention. Since the OP is downgrading a plan, I would renewal a day or so before the actually renewal date.

@gdd888 

Are you certain you did not select the $30 data only plan by error?

Btw, if you don't want to lose any days and services remaining on your current plan, always choose to change your plan at the next renewal (not the immediate change).

There should be no need to contact Moderators. Just login your account again to check what plan you have. You will also be able to see any upcoming plan change you have requested.

gdd888

But one of the options that I could choose when changing plans was to make the plan chances effective at the beginning of the next billing cycle.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When plans are changed before the renewal date, you will lose any remaining talk, text, and data because PM is a prepaid service. Always best to renew on the scheduled renewal date.

gdd888

Awesome, thanks!

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Click the question mark sign in the bottom right corner.. and talk to PM's virtual assistant and ask for a moderator ticket.. it will guide you.. 

gdd888

Very helpful, thanks!  Just one more question, how do I creat a ticket for the moderator/s?

Cheers

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@gdd888 wrote:

Hi, when I signed up to PM last March I got 1.5 gb data + all I can text N/A + all I can talk Canada with auto pay for $30.  Somewhere along the way I now only get 1 gb data + all I can text N/A + all I can talk Canada with auto pay. 

I see there is a plan option that is $25 per 30 days that has the same 500 + 500 mb data (with auto pay) and the same talk & text as my $30 plan.  When I went to change plans to the $25 per 30 days, for the next billing cycle, I got a warning that I would lose my texting/talk and end up with only data.

Please help me understand what is going on here.

Thank you!

Don't worry, it's a standard warning notification. Go to $25 per 30 days plan and you will get 1Gb data (with autopay) and the same talk & text as your old $30 plan.

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Typical warning when you try to move down to a lower-tier plan. Just go for it, and create a ticket for moderators to look at the warning just in case it happens. Hope this helps! 

Need Help? Let's chat.