cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious how this works???

alicherise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan on April 21st; it will go into effect April 30th. Since I did this the plans have changed. Will this effect what I agreed to on April 21st? 

10 REPLIES 10

@Anonymous wrote:

Methinks @Luddite needs a vacation 🙂

All Oracles are now on vacation. We sometimes take some of the slower days off, especially during some weekends to recharge.  Yesterday was a mess with account failures and everything.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alicherise wrote:

I changed my plan on April 21st; it will go into effect April 30th. Since I did this the plans have changed. Will this effect what I agreed to on April 21st? 

@alicherise I know you already got your answer.  I just thought I would add that this very question was addressed in the announcement that the promo plans were no longer being offered after midnight on the 22nd: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Select-ready-made-plans-expiring-April-...

It states: 

"If you’re interested in taking advantage of these ready-made plans while they’re still available, learn how you can set up a future-dated plan change on your next renewal date by clicking here. By doing so before April 22nd, your plan will automatically change to the plan that you choose on your next cycle."

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Methinks @Luddite needs a vacation 🙂

@slash407 wrote:

if u changed it before the due date u just shorted urself afew days of the service u paid for with the first plan purchase, that is all

Your response doesn't apply to the question. headbang.gif

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@alicherise wrote:

I understand this. My enquiry is I agreed on April 21st to 4.5 GB at 3G speed with an additional 500 mb if I prepay for $40 (to start on April 30th). On April 23rd the plans have changed to much less for the same price. Will I still get the 4.5 GB plus 500 mb I had requested on April 21st on April 30th???

Your plan will on April 30 will include 5GB, assuming you have autopay enabled, and assuming you scheduled that plan change on April 21st to take place on at the time your next renewal would have otherwise taken place on April 30th.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alicherise wrote:

I understand this. My enquiry is I agreed on April 21st to 4.5 GB at 3G speed with an additional 500 mb if I prepay for $40 (to start on April 30th). On April 23rd the plans have changed to much less for the same price. Will I still get the 4.5 GB plus 500 mb I had requested on April 21st on April 30th???

If you scheduled the plan change while the plan was available, yes.  

alicherise

Thanks

alicherise

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@alicherise 

Yes

If you made your change of plans on April 21 to future date on April 30.  Public mobile will honor that change even though the plans have changed after April 22.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@alicherise , when making a plan change you have the option to have the change take place immediately or on the next renewal.  If you chose immediately, then the plan changes right away and payment is due upon submitting the plan change.  Past paid service is lost.  If plan change on next renewal is selected, the plan will change on the renewal date with the amount due based on the newly selected plan.  There is no loss in paid service.  That is pretty much it, what you see is what you get, no surprises which is nice.

I should also add that for the future dated plan change option, there is opportunity to remove the plan change prior to it actually taking effect.  

Need Help? Let's chat.