cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossing fingers...

Anonymous
Not applicable

that a downgrade to a lesser plan works. I have enough funds for the new plan but not enough for the old one. So we'll see what happens.

19 REPLIES 19

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyway...downgrade to lesser cost plan all came out fine. It worked. I had service up to calling it a night. And I woke up to service and a new plan.

@AnonymousI had the same success when I woke up today. No issues with downgrading my plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. My final post on this.

I added 200 minutes and 200MB. The data didn't seem to work right away. So I turned off the cell radio(s) and turned it (them) back on and it worked. I guess basically the same as restarting the phone but not all the way.

So maybe that's one of those trouble-shooting solutions when someone buys an add-on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: oh there it is.

Jeez. Somehow or other I ended up in some filtered moderator approval status screen where my post apparently landed in. It's not here anyway.

I had a whole play by play.

Anyway...downgrade to lesser cost plan all came out fine. It worked. I had service up to calling it a night. And I woke up to service and a new plan.

I'd like to know how to deal with that approval screen though. I saw other posts in there as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

We have the same renewal day!!!

What a funny coincidence.

I don't know when it appears but I have the usual Plan Expired in blazing red next to my account.

I don't have the other sky is falling boxes yet though. Maybe those appear around midnight ET.

Edit: Yup. Midnight ET. In suspended state inviting to reactivate current plan. Orange text notice up top. Can still connect to a web page. So current plan has not been nullified yet.

Edit again: It took my rewards just now. It shows a newly correct current balance but still wants the amount to pay the old plan.

Edit again: To clarify...that's not for sure. I have a balance that I would have if it paid for my new plan. But yes it still wants more money to pay for the old plan.

Edit again: So we're around 12:20 ET and I saw a new balance indicating that now it has added my rewards in. But then I got this nasty message when I tried to refresh:

Dashboard/MessageNotaccessibleForCurrentAccount Dashboard/MessageNotaccessibleReturningMessage

Edit again: And now it's back...new balance, old plan, still wants a little more money, still suspended. Service still works though.

Edit again: Well it's about 2am ET. Nothing has happened in a while. I still have service. I turn off cell radios and return. Good. I go into airplane mode and return. Good. We'll see what happens in the morning.

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous

Good luck.  If it works, the 2 years old bug has been fixed.

Just in case it fails, you know what to do. lol

You can also to do renew now one day earlier instead of on the renewal day.  But beware of reward credits does not included in your payment on early renewal.  I had to ask moderator to get the credit back.

lol! I know what to do!

I'm just going to see what happens. Like I said...not life or death.

Glad to here you will be patience. Keeps us up to date on how it turns out.

That's why I started the thread. We'll see overnight tonight. I'll report the results tomorrow.  Maybe after getting texts and whatnot. They've already texted me saying I don't have enough funds for renewal. I don't have autopay.

We have the same renewal day!!!

@Anonymous I will keep mine crossed for you. I am going to be changing plans next week and I reallly hope it works smoothly. When I signed up I had no problems and it was all done including porting in about 45 mins.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous

You can also to do renew now one day earlier instead of on the renewal day.  But beware of reward credits does not included in your payment on early renewal.  I had to ask moderator to get the credit back.

lol! I know what to do!

That's why I started the thread. We'll see overnight tonight. I'll report the results tomorrow.  Maybe after getting texts and whatnot. They've already texted me saying I don't have enough funds for renewal. I don't have autopay.

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous

lol! I know what to do!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous

lol! I know what to do!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

so interesting results could happen. 

🙂 That's what I'm wondering. I'm not in a life or death, job requirement, business, children communicating situation so whatever happens happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

that a downgrade to a lesser plan works. I have enough funds for the new plan but not enough for the old one. So we'll see what happens.

What would go wrong? Should be simple did you future date the change ?

I did.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@krazykiwi wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Based on feedback from some customers, it seems like the system is really conflicted when you future date a change to a lower costing plan.  One part of the system thinks funds equal to the original plan is required.  Another part of the system will try to transfer funds equal to the new lower costing plan.  The two collide and renewal failure results. 

I suspect it is a bit of a chicken and egg thing.  If the order of operation is change plan first, then everything else next, everything should be fine.  If the change plan step is somewhere in between the multitude of things that go on at time of renewal, so interesting results could happen. 

@will13am Are most of the issues with future dating? How about changing the plan a day or 2 before renewal and making it active that day and biting the bullet on those last couple of days? Have people been having problems with making it active immediately?

I did an early renewal 2 weeks ago. The new plan was setup fine.  But my reward credits did not applied to my payment.  I need to ask moderator to get the credit applied for next renewal.

@krazykiwi wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Based on feedback from some customers, it seems like the system is really conflicted when you future date a change to a lower costing plan.  One part of the system thinks funds equal to the original plan is required.  Another part of the system will try to transfer funds equal to the new lower costing plan.  The two collide and renewal failure results. 

I suspect it is a bit of a chicken and egg thing.  If the order of operation is change plan first, then everything else next, everything should be fine.  If the change plan step is somewhere in between the multitude of things that go on at time of renewal, so interesting results could happen. 

@will13am Are most of the issues with future dating? How about changing the plan a day or 2 before renewal and making it active that day and biting the bullet on those last couple of days? Have people been having problems with making it active immediately?

This was suggested as a workaround.  I would assume that totally different processes kick in when an immediate plan change is selected. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous

@will13am wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That sucks! So it would be best to avoid "future dating" the change and have the customer "change plan now" the day before?

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

I have done it without issue multiple times but heard others had issues, sigh. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.