cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card has been charged multiple times for 1 GB of service yet it shows $55 available funds.

Stevennic59
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I needed more data so I bought more data. Trying to get the data I bought 1GB yet through an error on my part and not quite understanding the response time I updated my plan to start on next billing date. I see I have been charged for another month on my plan I have now plus my credit card has been debited 3 times for add-ons for GBs. But I see I have $55 available funds. I am totally confused. I have been charged for numerous add-ons, received 1GB only, purchased what appears a month that was renewed just a couple of weeks earlier. What is the $55 dollars available for? Help me

14 REPLIES 14

Stevennic59

the auto-pay is still as it was for the 10th

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stevennic59 : Did you have autopay set up? Doing an immediate plan change would also require having a balance in Available Funds. But again, look at your current pay-by date (your new term) and if that's much different than what you expect then you did an immediate change.

Stevennic59

Well I guess I will wait till the 10th to see if that is what I did. I might have in the confusion I experienced purchasing the add-on. To explain I needed the extra GBs as I am doing Ubereats that eats your data. Realizing I needed a bigger plan I upgraded. It was at the time essential I have the GBs to earn money.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stevennic59 : It sounds like you did an immediate plan change. There's no pro-rating here. Did your next renewal date also change?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stevennic59- If you were immediately charged for the new plan, it means you asked for it to be changed immediately.  Are you absolutely sure you indicated that you wanted the change to take effect on the next renewal?  If that's the case, then you can try reaching out to the moderator team and have them investigate. 

Stevennic59

Well I figured out you have to pay first then with available funds you can use those funds to purchase add-ons. What I do not understand is my billing date is the 10th yet when I updated my plan to begin next billing period (10th) I was charged again for a month. Does that mean this coming Feb 10th when my new plan begins should I not get a credit since I paid for a month twice? That does’t make sense.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are these actual charges or just pending charges on your credit card statement

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector : I interpret it as he did manage to get one 1GB add-on.

So your “purchases” are $10, $15, $10 & $35 all plus 13% taxes added. That is $70 but you have $55 of it remaining. I’m assuming you are on the $15 plan which renewed from your $70 balance leaving the $55. For whatever reason your plan change to (I’m assuming here) the $35 plan didn't happen or at least hasn’t happened yet. 

AE_Collector

@Stevennic59 wrote:

My credit card was charged 11.30, 16.95, 11.30, and 39.55 on January 21st. I have $55 available funds. I copied and pasted my transactions to you in an earlier email.

@Stevennic59 Who did you communicate with in an "earlier email"? Was it a moderator that you started the process with through private messaging? If so what was their reply?

Stevennic59

My credit card was charged 11.30, 16.95, 11.30, and 39.55 on January 21st. I have $55 available funds. I copied and pasted my transactions to you in an earlier email.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Stevennic59It would be helpful to see the transactions posted to your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stevennic59 : Best way for us to help you would be if you posted screen shots of your overview page and your Payment history from here. Blank out personal info of course.

@Stevennic59 wrote:

I needed more data so I bought more data. Trying to get the data I bought 1GB yet through an error on my part and not quite understanding the response time I updated my plan to start on next billing date. I see I have been charged for another month on my plan I have now plus my credit card has been debited 3 times for add-ons for GBs. But I see I have $55 available funds. I am totally confused. I have been charged for numerous add-ons, received 1GB only, purchased what appears a month that was renewed just a couple of weeks earlier. What is the $55 dollars available for? Help me

Setting a plan up to change at your next renewal doesn't require an immediate payment.  I also don't believe that an immediate plan change was performed as it would have forced you to make a payment on the spot.   Are you still on your old plan?  The extra $55 in your account balance can be used to pay for future renewals.

Need Help? Let's chat.