cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create your own plan

Hchlebek
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Create your own plan does not work. It goes around in circles. It says Create your own plan using the  Plan Calculator. I cannot find this link anywhere. I see a create your own plan link on the bottom menu on my account page but when I click that link it just goes to the description of the existing plans offered. Where can I try out the create your own plan option?

12 REPLIES 12

jclaydon2018

Well this is kinda silly.  Currently there are NO plans for LTE data, so the create your own plan was the ONLY way to get it.

It's a good thing i don't really neeed LTE speeds at the moment, but it's always good to have options

Well maybe they'll add it back as an 'add on' feature or something

-James

@Hchlebek hi yea unfortunately it seems to be discontinued, maybe after all the upgrades are done they will replace it with something similar or better!!

Hchlebek

Create your own is a link on the bottom of the page menus. But the link just goes to the set Plans page.

@will13am wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Hchlebek wrote:

Then they should remove the numerous references to it on various pages and the link in the bottom menu. Let's get with it. Very poor web development maintenance. Create your own is one of the factors why I bought into them. Now I find out that it was basically false advertising!

@Hchlebek  I agree 100% but the reality is that things move at a turtles pace around here. Slow and steady - should be all cleared up in six months give or take a couple of months. Smiley Indifferent

The slow pace does not describe how fast plan builder was eliminated from the self serve. 

Smiley Happy True!! So I guess they are fast with subtraction and slow with addition.

@geopublic wrote:

@Hchlebek wrote:

Then they should remove the numerous references to it on various pages and the link in the bottom menu. Let's get with it. Very poor web development maintenance. Create your own is one of the factors why I bought into them. Now I find out that it was basically false advertising!

@Hchlebek  I agree 100% but the reality is that things move at a turtles pace around here. Slow and steady - should be all cleared up in six months give or take a couple of months. Smiley Indifferent

The slow pace does not describe how fast plan builder was eliminated from the self serve. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hchlebek, where are you seeing plan builder in your self serve account?  I click on change plan and the page that comes up has selectable plans only.  There is no option to build a plan.  In the community forum link to plans, the plan builder has also been removed. 

This "exciting change" was one heck of a 100 mph curve ball.  The announcement seemed to suggest the removal of plan builder in the coming weeks but it was removed instantly.  I don't know what damage to the brand would occur if they let it run another few days and provide a separate notification that it was going away.  The approach reminds me of how governments use omnibus bills to hide bad news legislation among the good stuff. 

I was kind of hoping this meant they were still considering the create your own plan. Would sure be nice for people to have the option of 4G/LTE. Myself, I'm 3G all the way as price is my most important factor.

@Hchlebek wrote:

@Hchlebek wrote:

This change happened 4 days ago.  They're in the process.

Sorry, you missed out on this ability.  I'm rather bummed about it too.

Hchlebek

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Hchlebek wrote:

Create your own plan does not work. It goes around in circles. It says Create your own plan using the  Plan Calculator. I cannot find this link anywhere. I see a create your own plan link on the bottom menu on my account page but when I click that link it just goes to the description of the existing plans offered. Where can I try out the create your own plan option?

@Hchlebek  That spirit is gone. Smiley Sad

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@HchlebekUnfortunately the create your own plan is no more.

Need Help? Let's chat.