cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create your own plan?

r0drunner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I remember correctly, there used to be an option to create your own plan? I don't see it anymore, it seems that you can only choose one of the predefined plans ranging from 15 to 50 CAD. Is there any possibility to make up your customized plan according to your voice & data needs?

7 REPLIES 7

@r0drunner 

Follow @kb_mv advice but i would renew on day 85 just to be safe. If you have a balance that is more than or equal to your plan amount you can also suspend your account with or without removing autopay by using the lost/stolen feature in your account.

@r0drunner Remove the autopay and when your account goes "dormant" or suspended for lack of payment, you will have 90 days to renew or reactivate. Do it at 87 days or so just in case an issue pops up. You will spend $15 to get 120 days reserving your account and number.

r0drunner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was just looking for the opposite, to go below $15. I'm out of the country for some time and I'm not using my canadian SIM, it's a waste of money to pay 15 bucks a month for something you are not using. How long can you keep your number without making a payment?

@r0drunner 

There is still an option for you now that they have repriced the data add ons. By choosing the $15 plan that comes with unlimited texting, incoming calling and 100 minutes of outgoing calling  you can then use the add ons available to build your plan from there. Autopay automatically gives you 250mb of plan data. By adding the $5/500 min calling add on or the data addons as needed you will only use what you need and they roll over so can last for years if you dont exceed whats already included in the $15 plan. Realistically you can have a plan priced around $17 or $18 per month with "unlimited" amounts of service. If suddenly your needs increase beyond your average usage you can bump up to a truly unlimited calling plan with more data and switch back when they decrease again.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@r0drunner Not any longer. We have fixed plans now. Maybe, it will return in the future. Only PM knows.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I believe the build your own plans was discontinued last fall.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@r0drunner wrote:

If I remeber correctly, there used to be in Public Mobile an option to create your own plan? I don't see it anymore, it seems that you can only choose one of the predefined plans ranging from 15 to 50 CAD. Is there any possibility to make up your customized plan according to your voice & data needs?

@r0drunner   Yes PM discontinued BYOP about a year ago.  Now you can only select from the options available, so you're out of luck if you want to customize your own plan. 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.