cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracking noise on calling

kimavi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello people..just moved over from koodo to pm and what i experience os cracking noise when i make a call..the voice quality seems to be not clear..anyone else with the same issue ?

I am using the same set..samsung s7 which i used on koodo

18 REPLIES 18

avneet07singh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am having the exact same problem

The LTE vs 3G on the phone could be a reason for concern.   Voice calls on Public Mobile are restricted to the 3G network.  Your 3G Data plan is throttled LTE (slowed down) and is still LTE.

If you continue to experience issues, you could force the 3G network connection in your device settings, to see what happens.  A side effect of this, your data speeds may increase to higher 3G or 3.5G speeds.

Note, doing this, will make your phone not receive any of the Emergency Alerts over the AlertReady system.  If this is a concern, keep it on LTE.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Another thing to try, to rule out your hardware, pop your SIM in another device, if possible of course. Would have to have one available and with the same size SIM card slot.

Good luck

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kimavi wrote:

Hello people..just moved over from koodo to pm and what i experience os cracking noise when i make a call..the voice quality seems to be not clear..anyone else with the same issue ?

@kimavi I have never experienced noise for making a call. It only happened when I was using VOIP phone or calling apps.

ZfromVanC

Other possible reasons for bad reception/sound:

• Phone case interfering with signal
  • phone antenna has been damaged

kimavi

Now i will test this for sure

@kimavi wrote:

Will do and report back...

By the way i am very impressed with the community coming into help me on my first post..with a solid help like this forum who even needs a call center

It's a good timing...not so many people during the day..

kimavi

Will do and report back...

By the way i am very impressed with the community coming into help me on my first post..with a solid help like this forum who even needs a call center

Kovaelin

Have you ruled out hardware damage? Maybe try using a headset and see if the problem persists.

@kimavi wrote:

Used the regular call..no headphone 

.will try in a better reception area..

Any idea baout lte data i am getting because i onlynhave 3g in my plan

@kimavi  Try with headphones and find out if it still happens. That should be test #1.

kimavi

Used the regular call..no headphone 

.will try in a better reception area..

Any idea baout lte data i am getting because i onlynhave 3g in my plan

@kimavi wrote:

Yes.portover finished right away and i did restart my phone..

Also one more question 

I see i am lte data ..where as i had susbscribed to 40 bucks 3g plan..any idea?

You can have lte on your phone but 3g with your plan..that's normal..Smiley Wink

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@kimaviDoes the noise happen on a headset, speakerphone and regular ear?

Sometimes speakers cause this problem, try a headset and le tus know if you still have the problem.

ZfromVanC

When you make or take a call next time, check how many bars of signal you have. Also does the poor quality happen at certain locations, or all around?

Voice calls are done on 3g, so your phone saying its on LTE might be part of the issue.

kimavi

Yes.portover finished right away and i did restart my phone..

Also one more question 

I see i am lte data ..where as i had susbscribed to 40 bucks 3g plan..any idea?

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kimavi 

Hello. You tried restarting your phone?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@kimavi wrote:

No..never....did you close your phone and re-open it...???? And is your port finished? Does your incoming call is with your public mobile sim card phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.