cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Mexico?

twocs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm going to be traveling to Cancun this weekend and would like to purchase an add-on that would support data usage of my phone. Is there an add-on that public mobile offers that could serve this purpose? I only see coverage in US.. anyon else have luck with international coverage outside of the US?

7 REPLIES 7

Ola from DR! I'm successfully using Mighty Text for texting on my laptop. My PM phone is safely stored in an old phone in my bedroom at home. Fongo works great for calling canada! Here in Punta Cana, the Wifi is ~ 22 Mbs up and down and Netflix and Hockeytv.com are seemless. Better than the tv service here actually!

In Cancun two years ago, wifi was only available in the lobby for free. Here at Memories Splash and the Royalton, the entire resort tis free for guests. It's awesome!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@twocs  Try mexicosimcard.ca

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately no add-ons for Mexico. The only thing you can do is either buy a local sim card or a travel sim like Surfroam (www.surfroam.com) or MTX Connect (www.mtxc.eu)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could purchase a local sim or use Gigsky.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@twocs wrote:

I'm going to be traveling to Cancun this weekend and would like to purchase an add-on that would support data usage of my phone. Is there an add-on that public mobile offers that could serve this purpose? I only see coverage in US.. anyon else have luck with international coverage outside of the US?

Three isn't any roaming add-ons for Mexico, only the US.  If you want any service you would need to purchase a sim and service from a Mexican provider.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@twocs, Public Mobile does not offer any roaming options for Mexico, only US.  You will need to purchase a local service or use WiFi and and a chat app.  For phone calls back to Canada, the hangouts app works well.  Fongo is another option. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@twocs there is no PM add on for Mexican coverage. You could try WiFi and such apps like WhatsApp .

@twocs wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.