cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not use my 200 min us/ cdn long dist.

levym
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased 200 min of us roaming long dist calling to any where iinn uo

15 REPLIES 15

@SillySu wrote:

Why does everyone keep saying it's the wrong addon?  It is the right add on but not working...it literally says roaming 10 days package talk & text. 

You posted in an old and solved thread that is about the 200 add-on minutes which only works if you are physically in Canada.

As for your problem:

- Is your self serve account showing that your roaming add-on is active? Buying add-ons is a two step process, first you are adding funds to your account, then you have to go back and actually buy the add-on with your available funds. So if the available funds are showing the amount of the add-on and the add-on is not showing up, you have to go and do the second step.

- Have you roaming enabled in the relevant sections of your phone? Restarted the phone?

- Can you manually select AT&T or T-Mobile in your network settings? Depending on the location the one might be better than the other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SillySu wrote:

Why does everyone keep saying it's the wrong addon?  It is the right add on but not working...it literally says roaming 10 days package talk & text. 

It goes back to the subject line. 200 minutes is only for while in Canada. Any roaming add-on is for while in the US.

Unfortunately you horned in on someone elses thread so that's confusing things.

If you're seeing roaming add-ons lower down in your overview page and are in the US then maybe restart the phone. Check that you're not set to Public Mobile network only and that you can scan for a connect to either AT&T or T-Mobile.

Edit: several edits after re-reading the thread and wetcoaster noticing the discrepancy.

SillySu

levym

No fix to my knowledge exists. I would incourage anyone with Canadian PB who attempts to buy US roaming  and international texting while in the US to carefully note and understand the US add on plan they are purchasing. I thought I was purchasing the correct plan that would allow me to text outside of the US but somehow got the wrong add on. Next time I will pay more attention to the purchase choice I make in this regard and then if it gets switched somehow by PM I will be more insistant on reimbursement for the wrong add on. 

SillySu

Is there a fix for when you clearly purchase roaming and when your account clearly indicates you have purchased 10 day roaming talk and text but are unable to make calls or texts bc the system thinks you have not purchased roaming min?  I feel every poster has indicated they HAVE and are experiencing inability to execute sms or calls however every reply assumes they made the wrong purchase... I am in an airport in the US and unable to reach my family... Need to solve this asap pleasw

@88cranston wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@levym 

As stated in your previous post. you probably  bought the wrong add on.  You bought the long distance add on for calling US/Canada while in Canada. 

You should have bought one of the following add ons:

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

So if I was in the USA. 

1. What add on  would I buy to talk only?...10 Day US Roaming Add-on...Talk only $8

2. Could I call any where in USA (other than excluded numbers)?...yes

3. Could I call Canada?...yes

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

@levym 

As stated in your previous post. you probably  bought the wrong add on.  You bought the long distance add on for calling US/Canada while in Canada. 

U.S. Talk Only
U.S. Text Only
U.S. Data Only

So if I was in the USA. 

1. What add on  would I buy to talk only?

2. Could I call any where in USA (other than excluded numbers)?

3. Could I call Canada?

(threads about the same topic merged)

Public Mobile only has the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on for use whilst in US...prices shown by @Dunkman .

- Other options include free voip app like TextNow. Works good as long as you have a robust wifi signal....and it's free to text and call Canada / USA

- Get a US sim card and a cheap US plan from Walmart or similar outlet.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@levym wrote:

I purchased 200 min of us roaming long dist calling to any where in us / Canada while in us last weekend. However I was unable to execute any calls from Newark to my parents in Nova Scotia. Three different attempts failed. Msg said I did not have us roaming to make call. I checked my acct to find that I do have us C/calling and it is active. Can someone tell me what I did wrong or is it a common quirk of PM?

There is no 200 minutes of calling minutes add on from the US. You purchased a Long Distance add on from Canada.  The word Roaming has been around for about 20 or so years so it's not a new concept. When you go to another country you are Roaming. You need a Roaming add on and Roaming Turned on in the phone settings in order for it to work. 

@levym 

U.S. Talk Only
U.S. Text Only
U.S. Data Only

levym

I purchased 200 min of us roaming long dist calling to any where in us / Canada while in us last weekend. However I was unable to execute any calls from Newark to my parents in Nova Scotia. Three different attempts failed. Msg said I did not have us roaming to make call. I checked my acct to find that I do have us C/calling and it is active. Can someone tell me what I did wrong or is it a common quirk of PM?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@levym 

Not sure exactly is your situation.

This add on is for calling Canadian/US long distance where the caller is in Canada.  It is not a US roaming package.  It will not work when caller is in USA.

Also, buying an add on is a two step process.  Need to load funds and then purchase add on.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@levym  That addon only works when you are in Canada. If you need to be able to use your phone when in the US you will need to purchase a US roaming addon.

Need Help? Let's chat.