cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costa Rica use what plan add on?

Papaclif
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Traveling to Costa Rica today. What plan add on can I use to alllow calls and texts? 

8 REPLIES 8

Local SIMs for Costa Rica are incredibly cheap

You can pick one up at the airport

Kolbi prepay is a good one

https://www.kolbi.cr/wps/portal/kolbi_dev/personas/prepago/servicios-prepago/planes-prepago

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Papaclifunfortunately roaming add-ons are only available for U.S. travel, so you won;t be able to use your PM service while in Costa Rica.  If you'll be there for awhile (i.e. more than 3 days), I suggest getting your phone unlocked (if you haven't done so already), and just get a local SIM while you're down there.  You can easily get one set up before you leave their airport, there's always cell service companies located inside or just outside the airport.

If you don;t want to spend the extra money, then you can use app services like WhatsApp on your Wifi, but then again there's gonna be quite a bit of hassle looking for a wifi signal, let alone an open signal, unless you pkan on only using at your hotel.   Also keep in mind the hotel Wifi might not be free either.  Gotta remember you're not going to Hong Kong, so wifi signal might not be as readily available as you'd think.

Yes your are right!!! Sorry... he will be IN Costa-Rica... that’s my mistake!!! @Alex888

@LieuxInternational minutes are for calls to other countries, not within those countries.

Buy you can have add-on with calls to different country...but that’s not good for Costa-Rica....Smiley Happy

9184DD61-8087-4880-97EF-7D48288DFBF0.png

Papaclif
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Papaclif

Whatsapp and wifi is an option also...

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately there is no addon that will work in Costa Rica, only the US. But you can but a prepaid SIM card when you get there, I would suggest leaving your PM SIM card at home just incase so it's not lost or damaged unless you have a phone with 2 SIM card slots.

Need Help? Let's chat.