cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congrats You Tricked Me, Now You Have lost a customer for life...

o2J
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Public Mobile, 

Firstly, YOU SUCK.

Now that's out of the way let me explain.

You did a great job of tricking me into signing up with you. Unfortunately I choose the 90 day plan. 

I hate Canadian companies, because you all try this S$#^ (Stuff). 

I now understand that your 90 plans data covers 90 days (ie average 3gb per 30 days). No other provider does this. Your wording is deliberately misleading. I did some searching here on your community forums and I can see that you have successfully ticked a lot of people.

Stupid me (trolls pile on here) for thinking that your totals were per month OVER 90 days. As opposed to 9gb for 90 days. You got me. Great Job!

So now I'm going to wait out the 90 days (or close to it) since I missed the 10 day contract cacellation window. I will  NEVER come back to you. I hope your business fails and you are all out of jobs ASAP. 

In the mean time, I will be sure to tell everyone I come in contact with that you try to trick people into signing up. I will let them know that NO DEAL with you is actually a deal. That you go out of your way to mislead people. I will make sure to warn them to contract with ANYONE ELSE other than Public Mobile. 

Too bad, I had great hopes for you. I wanted you to be different. Well, you are different... in the worst possible ways. 

Once again, Congratulations on fooling me. You suck, please go out of business.

-- M

27 REPLIES 27

TGE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm happy to hear that things worked out for you.The most important lesson is that if you're not sure about something, just ask. There's no such things as dumb questions.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In one year PM has saved me a lot of money over the Big 3 ......... ANDDDDD my last speedtest here in AB I hit 286mbits download speed. We will probably never leave lol.

rodjames
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry you had a bad experience. I have 12GB/90d and the first thing I do in the morning is check my usage from the previous day.

You have to moderate bro.  Also, I suggest going through any future contracts with a fine tooth comb.  It never hurts to be fully aware before you throw down for 90 days.

Also, PM doesn't suck, so there's that.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thank you for the update @o2J 🙂 I'm really glad that we were able to work it out - the pleasure it all mine!

Have a great weekend,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

cricketfan

Classic example of 'squeaky wheel gets the grease' 

@o2J, glad to hear that you are all up and running and are happy.  I also really appreciate that you took the time to acknowledge your mistake not many would.  Right there totally earns my respect and glad you did get to experience the great customer service we do have here.  It is in a differnt model yes but it is truly awesome!!  Again welcome aboard stay active in the forum and earn a bigger discount with community rewards!!  @Mary_M  AMAZING job as usual!!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@o2J glad to hear there's a happy ending!  @Mary_M as always--stellar work!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

o2J

Hey to all the trolls!

Great to hear from so many voices.

I just wanted to update everyone that Mary (Mod with PM) has done an amazing job working with me. Her customer service was outstanding!

I acknowledge that the mistake was mine. I accept that. If you feel the need to vent some more on this post, feel free. I've turned off the notifications. 

To Mary: You are wonderful, gracious, patient, and kind. I appreciate all that you have done for me. Thank you for hearing what was behind my frustration, and not just the words used to express it. You have resolved my frustration, clarified my understanding, and kept a customer in the process. 

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

-M

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @o2J,

thank you for your patience!

I've sent you a private message, please view it whenever you get the chance 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

MVP

@Luddite wrote:

"We all make mistakes.  No point in playing the blame game." aka Trumpisms. Robot LOL

Ouch! Mr. Trump, a customer of PM, and possible participant in this community..

We are all doomed! 🙂

Wow glad I got to this one late.  Reading the original post I was getting very mad.  Why is it that people come on here and rant about being tricked.  Do your research.  The plan page lays it out very clearly.  Now I don't know the age of the OP but I find younger generations do not do this enough we have to take some PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for what we get ourselves into.(Not saying this person or all Generation NOW as that is what I call them do)  I had a thread a while ago for one of the last promos where people were going on about how bad it was and all PM fault.  Why do people always try to push blame on others.  If you make a mistake take the ownership of it learn and move on.  @Mary_M, thanks for getting in touch with the member and dealing with them.  Hopefully they will realize their error look at a plan that will work for them if this one doesn't and stay with us.  @o2J, welcome to PM sorry you had some misunderstanding when you were looking at the plans.  Still great pricing but if you can't find a plan that works for you we all understand that you need to find one that does.  I sitll think you should come on with a post retracting your original statement as there is no trick and is laid out in the plan page as to what you are getting.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MVP

@o2J wrote:

Hey Public Mobile, 

Firstly, YOU SUCK.

Now that's out of the way let me explain.

You did a great job of tricking me into signing up with you. Unfortunately I choose the 90 day plan. 

I hate Canadian companies, because you all try this S$#^ (Stuff). 

I now understand that your 90 plans data covers 90 days (ie average 3gb per 30 days). No other provider does this. Your wording is deliberately misleading. I did some searching here on your community forums and I can see that you have successfully ticked a lot of people.

Stupid me (trolls pile on here) for thinking that your totals were per month OVER 90 days. As opposed to 9gb for 90 days. You got me. Great Job!

So now I'm going to wait out the 90 days (or close to it) since I missed the 10 day contract cacellation window. I will  NEVER come back to you. I hope your business fails and you are all out of jobs ASAP. 

In the mean time, I will be sure to tell everyone I come in contact with that you try to trick people into signing up. I will let them know that NO DEAL with you is actually a deal. That you go out of your way to mislead people. I will make sure to warn them to contract with ANYONE ELSE other than Public Mobile. 

Too bad, I had great hopes for you. I wanted you to be different. Well, you are different... in the worst possible ways. 

Once again, Congratulations on fooling me. You suck, please go out of business.

-- M

Dude, you spent so much energy on this negative message, so that if you used it otherwise, e.g. for a positive purpose, you'd compensate manyfolds your (imaginary) losses with PM 😉

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@o2J wrote:

Soon to be a Big Three customer, 

-M

NEWSFLASH:  You became a BIg3 customer the moment you signed up for PM.  PM is wholly owned and operated by Telus.  

Please do your research and you will arrive at the conclusion that the 90-day plans are among the cheapest on the Big3 networks.  If you stay with PM, you get super nice mods like @Mary_M who take care of you, leaving you free to carry on doing other things instead of waiting on hold in long queues at a call center with other carriers.  

femodels

I had experienced the same issue when I did the 90 days.  I feel the wording could be a little different to prevent that kind of issue.  I stayed on though as a customer and let people who I refer know my experience so they don't have the same problem.

And they are one of the only companies out there that gives you $$ off for referrals to the point that you can have a $0 bill.  I like that

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone,

All is good - @@o2J and I are currently discussing the matter private, as you already know, I'll do whatever I can to find a solution. Let's all understand that these situations can get frustrating as we are all human and like @Luddite said, we can make mistakes- but the most important is that we're here to help and we will fix whatever needs fixing 🙂 Let's all stay positive!

Cheers community members, and have a beautiful weekend ❤️

Mary

@o2J, Instead of being an arrogant fool, spouting off about your error, as unfortunate as it is,the wording has been this way for at least the 2 years I've been researching and subscribing to the service.

In fact, currently all data slections on the 90-day plan selection say RIGHT ON THE BUTTON "/90 days" on the plan calculator.  When you actually create your plan, the same is displadyed DIRECTLY ABOVE the option for the dollar amount.

There is no confusion.

@Luddite wrote:

"We all make mistakes.  No point in playing the blame game." aka Trumpisms. Robot LOL

Bringing Trump into the discussion is hitting below the belt.  Smiley Tongue

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@o2J, I am going to have to stand up to you bullying.  Only in one's wildest dreams would they imagine that the allotted data applies to some portion of the contract duration.  While you are at it, why not conveniently assume the data counter resets every night.  In all the times I have been here, you are the first to make such a wild interpretation.  We all make mistakes.  No point in playing the blame game. 

@Grampa Not exactly what you are suggesting, but in case you've missed it check this out: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/quot-Not-for-me-quot-ideas/idi-p/149395

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wow.  PM offerings look crystal clear to me also. Wish we had thumbs down option.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thank you for your reply @o2J!

I completely understand your concern, and it does seem pretty clear to our customers. If one is truly interested in having their allocated data reset every 30 days, then a 30 day plan would be better opposed to a 90 day plan - where the data is for the entire cycle. For example, here is a screenshot of our plan calculator. As you can see, it states " How much data do you need and at what speed? - 1.5GB at 3G speeds/90 days (and not 30 days)

Again, I totally get that you're frustrated and that this may not have been the plan you were looking for. Like I said, please feel free to send me a private message and I'll be more than happy to look at your options. We do appreciate you as a customer, we appreciate your business, and your feedback, and I want to be sure that you are happy with your services. Your feedback and comments will help improve the Public Mobile brand.

Thank you for your understanding,

Mary

@o2J wrote:

Hi Mary, 

Thanks for your quick reply.

I clearly am not the only person who has been mislead. 

If Public Mobile truely wants to be clear, then I would expect to see a wording change on your plans page. Something like:  when 90 days is choosen a pop up or bubble on the page opens and says (crystal clear... ) "Data, minutes, and text limits are for the ENTIRE 90 day period, NOT per 30 days. Here at Public Mobile, we love to be absolutely clear"  Choose your own wording. I'm sure you have people for this.

This, of course, won't happen because it will limit sign ups. I would not have signed up, had this been made clear. 

Oh well, once again, a lack of competition in the market allows poor business practice. Competition burns away the likes of this. 

"My Kingdom for Verizon and T-Mobile may it come soon."

I realize that you probably have no influence on PM's policy etc. and by your reply you think plans are clear. In that case, I guess we will agree to disagree.

Thanks again,

-M

or you get some common sense, or ask before signing up

o2J

Hi Mary, 

Thanks for your quick reply.

I clearly am not the only person who has been mislead. 

If Public Mobile truely wants to be clear, then I would expect to see a wording change on your plans page. Something like:  when 90 days is choosen a pop up or bubble on the page opens and says (crystal clear... ) "Data, minutes, and text limits are for the ENTIRE 90 day period, NOT per 30 days. Here at Public Mobile, we love to be absolutely clear"  Choose your own wording. I'm sure you have people for this.

This, of course, won't happen because it will limit sign ups. I would not have signed up, had this been made clear. 

Oh well, once again, a lack of competition in the market allows poor business practice. Competition burns away the likes of this. 

"My Kingdom for Verizon and T-Mobile may it come soon."

I realize that you probably have no influence on PM's policy etc. and by your reply you think plans are clear. In that case, I guess we will agree to disagree.

Thanks again,

-M

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think it's best that you stay away from a company like Public Mobile 😉

@Mary_M I believe the OP is saying that Public Mobile tricked him into thinking that the stated data allowance of 9GB per 90 days is to be, per his understanding, 9GB per 30 days, over the 90 days period.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @o2J,

thank you for reaching out to us and for sharing your concern.

To begin, I'm quite unclear as to what the issue is but I do apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. I understand that our plan model may not be as crystal clear as you may have hoped, but we do make sure to be transparent and provide all of the details on our website, as well as any conditions or restrictions that may apply.

As you have probably seen on our website, we have a plan calculator. Basically, you choose the length of your plan - we don't choose it for you. For example, a 90 day plan with 9GB of data would be for the entire 90 day period and would not renew every 30 days. If you're looking for a plan that renews the data every 30 days, then a 30 day term would probably suit you best.

No worries though, because luckily - us moderators work for Public Mobile and we're here to help 🙂 If you want me to look into your account and discuss your options (which I am more than happy to do), please send me a private message. I will get back to you asap!

Kind regards,

Mary

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lol, their wording is actually pretty straight forward.

Need Help? Let's chat.