cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion on 2 promo sales on May 5, 2020 for new accounts.

Denlac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

On May 5,2020: There was an offer on the Public Mobile website for a $ 5.00 rebate off a plan of $ 35.00. and the same day there was an offer for a 30 days at $ 0.00 for any account activated before May 22, 2020.

2 questions:

1- On May 5, I completed the registration for my new account and have been charged for $30.00 (+tax)  for the first month; so the $5.00 was deducted.  Will I receive a credit for the next month (June) to have a 30 days free ?

2- On May 5, my wife completed the registration for her new account and have been charged for $35.00 (+tax)  for the first month; so the $5.00 was not deducted.  Will she receive a credit for the next month (June) to have a 30 days free ?

18 REPLIES 18

@Denlac 

Is your wife's phone number a quebec area code? Check her account ...does she have 2gb of data? Is it possible you chose the reg. $35/1.5gb plan? If you have a quebec ph # and the right plan try contacting the moderators again with a new service ticket and ask for a second opinion.

Denlac

Hi, It is ok for the $10, for a rebate for next month, but she did not have the promo rebate of $5.00 off for taking a $35.00 plan that should be charged to her at $30.., but it was not so, since her credit card was charged $35.00 plus tax.

@Denlac regarding the $10 refer a friend reward have the wife contact them and explain that she forgot to use your referral code on sign up. Include your code and cell number. Stay safe. 

Denlac

Thanks.

I was not sure if the 2 offers were stackable, that is good to know.

So far I had a response from a mediator and nothing has been corrected to give the $ 5.00 rebate to my wife's account but I have mine since the first time I registered.  The mediator that contacted me said that there is nothing to do to give her the $5.00 rebate and that for the one month free (30 days), we have to wait until the end of this month to see if it is given to us by the system.

Why do we need a moderator if all they can do is tell us to wait and, by the way he never told me that I could stack the 2 offers. Strange way to try to assist us getting what we should have had directly by the system.  Who is in charge here ???:)  We will see by the end of the month if at least both of us have one month free.

Denlac

Registered with 2 different Emails.

@Denlac  Just wondering if everything worked out for you.

@gblackma  They are stackable.....Screenshot_20200511-052204.png

Denlac

Hi, registered with 2 different email

Denlac

Hi,

Yes,I will give the community a feedback on how it will be taken care of.:)

Another possible glitch with registering email for the two new accounts is that you must register two different email addresses and use each address to register the new $25 or higher account. If at that point you registered the same email address twice not realizing you wouldn’t be able to set up two accounts with one email there would be a problem with the promotion on one of the plans.

AE_Collector

@Denlac could you please reply and tell us what the result was? Thanks.  Interesting to see if these 2 promotions are stackable.

@Denlac wrote:

Yes we did and I printed both web pages:)

Follow up with a moderator as suggested by @NDesai with the link provided.

Denlac

Thank you, and yes we are both from Quebec:)

Denlac

Yes we did and I printed both web pages:)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Denlac wrote:

Hi,

On May 5,2020: There was an offer on the Public Mobile website for a $ 5.00 rebate off a plan of $ 35.00. and the same day there was an offer for a 30 days at $ 0.00 for any account activated before May 22, 2020.

2 questions:

1- On May 5, I completed the registration for my new account and have been charged for $30.00 (+tax)  for the first month; so the $5.00 was deducted.  Will I receive a credit for the next month (June) to have a 30 days free ?

@Denlac  Only if you entered your email to the flash sale page before activating your sim card using the exact same email.

2- On May 5, my wife completed the registration for her new account and have been charged for $35.00 (+tax)  for the first month; so the $5.00 was not deducted.  Will she receive a credit for the next month (June) to have a 30 days free ?

Again, to receive the 2nd month free one would have to enter their email see flash sale page before activating your sim card using the exact same email.

If your wife qualified for the $5 off offer and she did not receive it then submit a ticket to PM so that they can investigate.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Denlac 

Both offers should stack if done properly.  

You need to register your email in the link before activating your SIM/account.  Then you should receive the 2nd month free credit within 30 days.  

If you are in Quebec, then you should get the $30 plan for 2 GB data.  

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Denlac To accept the offer you must've inputted your email into the website under where it says flash sale before activation to get a free month. If you haven't done that its too late. You've already activated and you wont get the month free in credits. The moderators might be able to do something about it.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Denlac The $5 off promo was for new Quebec customers only. 

The new promotion (2nd month free) required you to submit your email you will use for activation. If you did not do that, you will not get the credit. You can try reaching out to the Moderator_Team and see if they do something about this. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Denlac 

Did you put your email in here before activation?

sale.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.