cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for lost service .. what should it be?

bruce_pm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What compensation should be given for lost service due to public mobile glitches? Is there a history of these things happening, and if so, what had public mobile done to compensate those who lose phone, text, or data service?

9 REPLIES 9

If you read the Terms of Service, Telus is not responsible for any losses due to the failure of service (ie lost income, missed calls, etc..)

You are solely responsible for having access to required/emergency communications.  If you solely rely on your cell phone, that is your issue, no one else's.

Having an application such as Fongo, or TextNow installed on your device will give you a connection via WiFi, or cellular data if required.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would hope that if I completely lost service due to no fault of mine, that Public Mobile would credit me for the affected days - that's fair.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bruce_pm wrote:

What compensation should be given for lost service due to public mobile glitches? Is there a history of these things happening, and if so, what had public mobile done to compensate those who lose phone, text, or data service?

@bruce_pm if you review the terms of service, you will find they are not liable for any compensation.  However, it never hurts to ask politely I suppose.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Whether one gets compensated and the amount involved is, tbh, a function of whether you are valuable enough as a customer to retain combined with your skills as an advocate for yourself. There is an art to negotiating these things to maximize the return for yourself. OTOH, if you're rude, obnoxious, unrealistic, or too demanding ... you're business isn't worth the aggravation to anyone.

You're not bound to PM and they're not bound to you. I can tell you, with the little I spend on PM, I would not have any expectations that they would go beyond the bare minimum to keep my business.

bishamon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@bruce_pm wrote:

I believe it should definately be on a case by case basis.  However, the time to investigate these cases could take alot of overhead, which could lead to high costs and therefore ultimately higher prices for the plans.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Generally, compensation is issued on an exception basis when a very large portion of the user base is affected.  Otherwise, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  If anyone feels compensation should be issued for a service disruption, the best way forward is to ask. 

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bruce_pm wrote:

As the others have mentioned, there are case by case compensation given, depending on the issues. IE; Quebec outage, the recent account issues (suspensions).

No residential services are required to provide any compensation based on issues. The only types that would, are business lines that have "downtime" Service Level Agreements in place.

From what I have seen, PM is more than fair to their customers with regards to these issues.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@bruce_pm As far as I know there is usually no compensation. They do seem to make some exceptions on a case by case basis. There have been some outages, most recently in Quebec for people with province-wide calling, I think some people got some compensation but not many.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@bruce_pm wrote:

The only way to know something about that is to write a message to the moderator and let them know your problem and fix it for you. They are always very smart!

Need Help? Let's chat.