cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification of New plans

teder454
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The 30 day featured plan that is $40 with 1+1 gig, canada wide calling and international text seems deceptive!

Is it LTE or 3g?  When you click on details it is not stated.

Opinions?

12 REPLIES 12

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jorno Yes they are 

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jp2 wrote:

Chrome has the orange 3G or blue LTE in the top right still

Thank you, @jp2.  Are the "Data at 3G speed" or "of 4G LTE Data" descriptors given as well?

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Chrome has the orange 3G or blue LTE in the top right still

Jorno

Public Mobile has listened!  Two days (or less) later, clarification of 3G vs LTE data speed has been added to the description of the ready-made plans on both the main plans page and the "Plan Details" page.

Screenshot-2018-4-17 Plans.png

Screenshot-2018-4-17 40 for 30.pngPhotos as displayed in Firefox and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.  $50 plan not showing but confirm does display 3G vs LTE data speed.

Anyone using Chrome (or other browsers), please confirm changes and whether or not the "3G" or "LTE" in top right-hand corner is still displayed (to satisfy my curiosity).

Thank you for listening and for the timely response, Public Mobile!

I just looked in Chrome on my Android phone, and the 3g image does appear for those plans.

Up until now, I honestly beleived that Public Mobile had simply forgotten to indidicate the data speed that was included with each price plan.  On my laptop, I only have Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox installed. The 3g indicator is not shown in any of them.

I won't hold my breath about hong long it will take for this to be fixed.  The Simon-bot pop up bug persisted for months (the automated assistant would keep opening even with certain browsers after you closed it making the community site unusable).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Honestly, for an online-only company (not just online first, online ONLY), it's 100% unforgiveable for browser issues like this.  I can understand glitches/idiosyncraticies in the actual activation portal and self-serve system, since they are more complicated pieces of software.  But for the pure-content pages such as the publicmobile.ca/plans, it is unforgivable that they wouldn't test it in at least all the major browsers (Chrome, FireFox, IE, Edge, Safari, and mobile versions of each where available) and ensure this type of static content displays consistently and correctly in each.  I'm floored to be honest.

@David_J can you please look into this issue ASAP?  The "3G" and "LTE" badges are not displaying correctly in at least 2 non-Chrome browsers.  This is not acceptable and leads to confusion, as can be seen by this thread.  Thank you in advance.

@Luddite @NDesai @imm1304 @will13am @ShawnC13 just tagging you so you're aware, in case you run into other threads about this.

@

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Agreed it should be written. Also for visually impared people I guess.

tzliu

PM website is not compatible to all browsers - it works with Safari, Chrome, Opera but not  with Firefox.  You would asssume the developer would have tested on Firefox.  If they can not have the problem fixed, they should add a line stating it is 3G or LTE. 

Canada-wide calling now applies only to 3G plans, so if you see unlimited Canada-wide calling, it is likely a 3G plan.  In this aspect, PM is not up front about it.  You could select a 3G plan with provincial calling without realizing that you could get Canada-wide calling for the same price. 

teder454

That is exactly what I see.  Thanks!

Jorno

@teder454 wrote:

It doesn't show in Firefox or Microsoft edge.

It shows in Chrome.

i'm using addblock.  That could be why.

I use Firefox and have no type of adblock running.  3G vs LTE does not show for me on any of the ready-made plans.

Screenshot-2018-4-15 Plans.png

Edit: added above photo ($50 plan not showing but confirm does not display 3G vs LTE)

Edit: added below photo (after selecting "Plan Details"). Note no "3G" or "LTE" in top right-hand corner.

Screenshot-2018-4-15 40 for 30.png

Both photos as displayed in Firefox and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.

teder454

It doesn't show in Firefox or Microsoft edge.

It shows in Chrome.

i'm using adblock.  That could be why.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

It's written in the top right corner of the plan (3G in this case) (I too missed it the first time I saw the plans displayed this way...)

Screenshot_20180415-112802.png

Need Help? Let's chat.