cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chose "Talk not included" and bought minutes add-on instead, can't use minutes.

MartinHulse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys, I hardly ever use my phone for calls, so I chose a "no-talk' plan and just wanted to pay for the minutes I used. I bought a 400 international and Canadian minutes add-on, but can't make or receive calls. I guess I have to change my plan to include some form of talk for these minutes to work, but it wants me to pay for an entirely new plan when I do. Can I just add the "Unlimited provincial talk" to my existing plan without having to pay for an entirely new one?

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FARHAD57 wrote:

You are VERY VERY helpful. 

Admittedly rather smart-alecky. But I just shake my head sometimes. But I did suggest your next option. Whether they do or not is up to them and how nicely you ask.

FARHAD57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You are VERY VERY helpful. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FARHAD57 wrote:

Yes I know that. But I payed for that and Public mobile accepted my payment. So now What to do? If it does not work why they accept my payment?

If you knew that then why'd you buy it? Just testing it for kicks to see what would happen?

MAYBE the mods MIGHT be nice enough to refund your money or at least put it into your Available Funds.

You can contact them here.

FARHAD57

Yes I know that. But I payed for that and Public mobile accepted my payment. So now What to do? If it does not work why they accept my payment?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FARHAD57 wrote:

Hello, Last night I bought minutes for my sim card but it does not work, a few days ago I bought an only data. could you please solve this problem?

You need talk to get talk. You have only data. No talk. Just Pepsi 🙂

FARHAD57

Hello, Last night I bought minutes for my sim card but it does not work, a few days ago I bought an only data. could you please solve this problem?

@bahram wrote:

Hi there, my  i  have plan 25$ which is unlmited talk but doen't work and public mobile no have any representive  to talk .

@bahram

It's always better to start your own new topic to ensure getting help fast.

- Have you just signed up?

- Did you transfer a number from another provider to Public Mobile in the process?

- Does the text function work? (I think you are on the Unlimited Provincial talk and unlimited international text plan?)

- Is your phone unlocked?

- Does your phone have the required frequencies to work on the Telus / Public Mobile network? It needs 3G UMTS/W-CDMA/HSPA frequencies: B2 (1900) and B5 (850)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/LTE-network-fundamentals/m-p/198799/highl...

If you are not sure let us know what brand and exact model you are using and we can figure it out.

- Does your SIM card work in another unlocked phone (or locked to Telus or Koodo)?

If the points above don't help with trouble shooting you'll need to contact the moderator team (= Public Mobile customer service)

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, PIN, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

MartinHulse

Hi Bahram,

You can send a private message to the user "Moderator_Team", they will be able to help you. It can be tricky trying to sort things out with no number to call, but they were very quick to respond when I posted. 

bahram

Hi there, my  i  have plan 25$ which is unlmited talk but doen't work and public mobile no have any representive  to talk .

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MartinHulse just so you know with the new 3G data pricing if your plan has 500 mb of 3G data it is the same price as having unlimited text, unlimited Canada wide calling, and 500 mb of 3G data. Then you have the add on for out of country calls 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Thanks, saw it!  🙂 

MartinHulse

Hi Noella, I have directly messaged you with my phone number and PIN as requested, I've also topped up the money in my account so that any changes can be paid for immediately. Thanks for being so responsive!

MartinHulse

I have this showing in the "My Data & Add-Ons" section, so I'm pretty sure it is active:

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) : 0  /  400 MIN

I was unable to receive or make any calls, including to voicemail. Incoming calls go straight to voicemail. I guess it does make sense that these minutes wouldn't apply to non-long distance calls, I was just hoping to pay only for minutes used. Even with a talk plan added it's still way cheaper than my previous provider though 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent, I'm guessing that you are asking because of 'NVM'.  but that was posted by another user.  The OP (@MartinHulse), likely still needs your help.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello MartinHulse, 

Thank your for reaching out to us. How do you do?

I am really sorry to hear that you're having some troubles with your services. I'd be pleased to assist you with this matter. 

However, in order to better assist you, we will need to get your phone# so we can access your account as well as your PIN# for security purposes. So if you don't mind, can you please provide those? 

Just so you know for future reference, it is recommended that you provide this information whenever you contact us in order to avoid delays in the handling of your inquiries.

For your information, in order to use the long distance minutes add-on, you must have a talk plan or else it won't work thus you not being able to make  any calls. You may not add any features to an existing plan. This is a prepaid service therefore you can only change the plan altogether. 

Please provide me with the requested information and we shall see what can be done for you! 

Regards, 
Noella 

Need Help? Let's chat.