cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking Data Usage

hellokey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can usually find out my data usage in My Account however it is currently nowhere to be found. I clicked into "Data/Add On Usage" and other than a few sentences it is blank where I assume the amount of data used should be.

I can only see under "My Usage" where you can see each time you have sent a text/called/used data. I would like to know how much data I have used this cycle. Is anyone else having the same issue?

23 REPLIES 23

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gosia wrote:

I wish Public Mobile would add a summary of data usage to their overview page rather than removing the data usage information once you run out of it.  

@Gosia yep, we all do!  Welcome to the club.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Gosia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I second your message, I have been struggling with the inability to log into the public mobile network and use data for a few days now.  I just finished topping up my plan with a data add-on , reset my phone and voila!  I'm back in working order.

Thanks for your post, I was getting quite frustrated becuase I could not see anything on the account that would hint at my data being used up.  I wish Public Mobile would add a summary of data usage to their overview page rather than removing the data usage information once you run out of it.  

lostinspace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A little off topic here, but wanted to suggest a good app from a veteran PM user 3G Watchdog, which monitored my usage of 90 days cycle close to actual with starting date as i gave it and the app was pretty light. very good aptions to see how much data was consumed by different apps as well. All I did was started it at start of my PM data cycle with data showing on PM website and it followed through. Pretty consistant. 

srlawren

@Anonymous if you were to go into usage history, you still see the history.  Where it disappears is on the Overview page, the page you land on when you sign into your self-serve account.  There is a "My Add-ons" or "My Data and Add-ons" section on the page.  If you still see your plan or add-on data in there, then it's not used up, and you can see how much you've used out of your allotted bucket.  If it's not showing there, it's been consumed and you have nothing left in the bucket.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hellokey wrote:

THANK YOU @ShawnC13. I knew I had used up all my data, but I had no idea it would disappear on the page. I guess I should have also mentioned that in my original post but that is such a weird feature. Thanks again!

If you are close to your renewal period, you can send a message to the mods to request to have your account renew early. Your other option is to purchase the $30 for 1GB data add-on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So as we've all now learned, some data usage displaying disappears when all of ones subscribed data has been consumed.

@hellokey: Where all in My Account CAN you see any of your current data usage? There seem to be a couple few places to see some information...is data usage visible anywhere else?

hellokey

THANK YOU @ShawnC13. I knew I had used up all my data, but I had no idea it would disappear on the page. I guess I should have also mentioned that in my original post but that is such a weird feature. Thanks again!

srlawren

@Anonymous glad to hear all's well.  Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daredoggand @srlawren: I've heard from will13am and another Oracle backchannel. It's all good.

I was defending myself for my input and felt that parts of what will13am said *could* have been directed at me. To which I took a little (I hope respectful) umbrage.

@hellokey I also agree with @ShawnC13 that your remaining data usage "disappears" when you've used it all up. You won't see it in your account again until your plan renews. The system does that with add-ons as well (data, long distance, etc).

srlawren

@Anonymous you're entitled to your opinion.  I happen to mostly agree with @will13am that it can cause more harm than good when people respond with misleading, factually incorrect, or non-relevant suggestions.  I realize that people think they are helping, but they are better to observe for a while and get the lay of the land before trying to jump in with suggestions unless they are pretty sure of how that particular things works.  

@Anonymous it almost seems you're taking this personally. I really don't think @will13am was directing his comments at you, as you did provide the correct place to look for data usage. I'm pretty sure he's asking people not to send folks in any direction... but to make sure it's the right direction (wild goose chase analogy). As for the moderators being scarce at times, he's absolutely right. They have enough issues to deal with, so if the community can deal with the issue, it will save everyone time.

As for the Oracles, they've earned those titles because of the experience and knowledge they bring to the table. In no way was @will13am displaying elitism as if Oracles are the only ones who can be helpful. They know what's behind the curtain, as to how PM operates, so I think the suggestion was warranted... give the correct advice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

I am going to play bad cop here and offer some suggestions to those trying to be overly helpful when they haven't learned all the quirks with the service.  Please only offer advice when you are absolutely certain of how things work.  Sending others on a wild good chase is not helpful.  The worse thing to do is suggesting customers contact the moderator team when the concern can be dealt with efficiently by community forum support.  We all know how scarce of a resource the moderator team is.  Getting them involved in needless interactions will only make them less available when they are really needed. 

I'm really struggling with this comment. My hackles have been raised as it were. I'm trying not to launch off into flame territory. I realize I'm responding to a respected "Oracle". And I'm acutely aware that I'm very new here.

1. There's no such thing as "overly helpful".

2. I checked and verified what my instructions were before posting so as to be "absolutely certain".

3. I can't help but feel maybe a little elitism is on display. As though only Oracle's can be helpful. Absolutely...Oracle's can swoop in and set the thread straight as happened here. No problem.

Sorry. Just a little hey wait a cotton pickin' minute there. 🙂

PJC

@will13am wrote:

I am going to play bad cop here and offer some suggestions to those trying to be overly helpful when they haven't learned all the quirks with the service.  Please only offer advice when you are absolutely certain of how things work.  Sending others on a wild good chase is not helpful.  The worse thing to do is suggesting customers contact the moderator team when the concern can be dealt with efficiently by community forum support.  We all know how scarce of a resource the moderator team is.  Getting them involved in needless interactions will only make them less available when they are really needed. 

Can't blame them, with PM's generous 90days bucket data allotments, I imagine it's rare for one to use up all their data 😉

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

ckl

@ShawnC13is correct. I ran out of data once and tried checking my data usage but it wasn't there also. I was confused for a while until the cycle ended, and it showed up again.

@hellokey wrote:

Thank you, I have tried Chrome and IE but see the same thing. @RobertQc I have tried incognito and see the same thing.

Perhaps I will contact a mod.

Thanks all

If you are not seeing your data usage on the overview page that usually means you have used up all of your plan data for this cycle.  Once fully consumed the data usage from the overview page disappears.  Weird I know.

Is it possible that you have used up all of your data?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yea give them a shout, hopefully it fixes it self by the time they get back to you 🙂

hellokey

Thank you, I have tried Chrome and IE but see the same thing. @RobertQc I have tried incognito and see the same thing.

Perhaps I will contact a mod.

Thanks all

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

I can also see it on mine, might be just you... try on another browser / trying it in private browsing (incognicto, etc) if it continues definitly shoot off a message to @CS_Agent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plan & Add-Ons/Usage History.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hellokey I still can see it just logged into my account to check. You can try to clear the cache, cookie & change to different web apps like Google Chrome, Safari. Sometimes it’ll be back in few hours. If it’s still error, 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate that for you.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.