cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest Plan

unsub2this
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What would be the cheapest plan with autopay, that I could change/transfer to to keep my plan rolling for a year. I am planning to travel for a year and come back, unless I have another means to keep my phone number.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@unsub2this wrote:

Thanks for replying,

I'd rather stay with PM, I am new to PM and its getting close to a year since I moved from Rogers and so far I'm liking it. I am assuming that switching to a cheaper plan and deactivating every 90 days, I get to keep my referral and if I do autopay, it will probably be knocked down a little. I am a little unfamiliar to how I should proceed.

Best,

U2T

You pay $15 every time you reactivate your plan for 30 days.  Disable autopay to stop payment on your next renewal (i.e. 30 days later).  On your next 85th to 90th day, you reactivate your plan by paying $15.  The whole process repeats again.  Therefore, it will cost you $15 for every 115(30+85) days cycle.

You should consider:

1.  If you have too much fun during your vacation, you may forget to activate your plan. There is a danger of losing your phone number if you forgot to reactivate your plan before the end of 90 days suspension.

2.  Since you disabled the autopay, you will not get the autopay reward.

3.  Your loyalty reward will also be delayed by the number of days your account was suspended.

4.  Your referral reward will stay with your account after suspension.

unsub2this

@geopublic 

I think I am getting it, I have to pay for my plan every 85ish days for a $15 plan without autopay. So I get to keep my plan for another 115 days, and then repeat. If I got this right, I get to keep my rewards, I just have to remember to log in and renew. I'm guessing you need an active credit card for it too.

Best,

U2T

@unsub2this wrote:

Thanks for the response,

If I get this correctly, I can potentially $60 to keep my phone number up to a year. I am assuming my referral reward and autopay will remain if I change plan from the current one to a new/cheaper plan and renew every 3 months or so?

Best,

U2T

@unsub2this  Correct, rewards are associated with your account and not your plan.

unsub2this

Thanks for replying,

I'd rather stay with PM, I am new to PM and its getting close to a year since I moved from Rogers and so far I'm liking it. I am assuming that switching to a cheaper plan and deactivating every 90 days, I get to keep my referral and if I do autopay, it will probably be knocked down a little. I am a little unfamiliar to how I should proceed.

Best,

U2T

unsub2this

Thanks for the response,

If I get this correctly, I can potentially $60 to keep my phone number up to a year. I am assuming my referral reward and autopay will remain if I change plan from the current one to a new/cheaper plan and renew every 3 months or so?

Best,

U2T

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@unsub2this 

Fongo is one way to keep your number with the $25 port in fee. But Fongo is a VoIP provider.  It will take longer to port Fongo out back to PM.

7-11 Speakout is another way to keep your number.  Speakout minimum topup is $25.

There is a fix charge of $1.25 per month on the pay as you go setup.  1 year fix charge is $15/year.

Speakout topup last for 12 months.  

Speakout SIM card is $10.  Currently promo is free SIM card with $35 topup voucher.

https://www.speakout7eleven.ca/promotions/

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You could deactivate for up to 90 days at a time, then just get the $15 dollar a plan before deactivating again.  With your rewards it might be less too.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@unsub2this , the cheapest plan is $15 per 30 days, $13 with auto pay.  If you take advantage of the 90 day suspension period, you could effectively pay $13 to keep an account for 120 days.  You would have to do some caretaking to make sure to top up and restore the account before the suspension period allowance is up otherwise the account deactivates and the number is lost.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@unsub2this get a Fongo account and port your number out for $25 if that's all you are interested in. The cheapest plan here is the $15 plan. @popping , knows more about Fongo. Here is Fongos link on porting to Fongo. https://www.fongo.com/how-to-transfer-your-existing-phone-number-to-fongo/

Need Help? Let's chat.