cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheaper Plans

govserv1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, my son is in university and has unlimited wifi at home. We are paying $30/month. Could you suggest a cheaper plan? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Initially I thought your sons plan was on Public Mobile and you were looking to change to a better plan. But if you are watching for a Boxing Day sale, maybe his phone is with another carrier currently? (Almost all deals are for new customers, not plan changes).

I've been around here for a year now keeping close eyes on promos. The current promotion running until Monday Dec 2 is the best I have seen in a long time here!

AE_Collector

@govserv1 wrote:

Thank you for everyone's input, but I'm going to hope for a Boxing Day deal.

These days, the better promotions are usually limited to $35 and more plans.  Right now, you can get you second set of 30 days of service for free with activation of any plan, so I'm not sure how much the offers are going to get.

govserv1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for everyone's input, but I'm going to hope for a Boxing Day deal.

If you are in the $30 plan I bet it is the 1/2 Gb data plan that may or may not have a 500 Mb bonus for auto pay. Time to switch to the better $25 plan.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@govserv1 wrote:

Hi, my son is in university and has unlimited wifi at home. We are paying $30/month. Could you suggest a cheaper plan? Thanks.

Only the $15 and $25 plan are cheaper.  You can get a plan for more that includes more data and use rewards to lower the cost.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What plan does he have now for $30?

It all depends on how much data he needs and how much talking he does on the phone.

If he signs up for autopay (preauthorized payments), he can get

1. unlimited calling, unlimited texting and 1 gb of data for $23.

or

2. 100 minutes outgoing calls, unlimited incoming calls, unlimited texting and 250 mb data for $13.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@govserv1  Take a look at the $25 plan ($23 with AutoPay enabled)

Unlimited  Canada calling

Unlimited International texts

1GB of data.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@govserv1 wrote:

$23($25-$2) plan has 1GB data with autopay enabled

$25 plan has 500MB data without autopay enabled

$13($15-$2) plan has 250MB data with autopay enabled

$15 plan has no data without autopay enabled

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Need Help? Let's chat.