cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheap way to Port PM number out and in to a new PM plan.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

12 REPLIES 12

@BEER wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

I guess they are going to have to wait for the next one since the current offer expired.

The current 5 GB offer wasn’t that good. I was considering it but then noticed that the bonus 5GB was only good for 30 days,  But the good thing was that I found out about the cheap Bell plan and was given 4 free sim cards. 

Actually the 5GB was an add-on where any unused data never expires. But that is a moot point now, since this offer is long gone.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TheOldVR wrote:

Porting out just to port back in to take advantage of an offer that you would not normally qualify for?

Sounds like to much work for me... especially knowing that the porting process does not always work right.

But that's just me :).

Yea, I think it really depends on the offer. It would have to be crazy good to make me even attempt something like that since I'm not very familiar with the whole process.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Porting out just to port back in to take advantage of an offer that you would not normally qualify for?

Sounds like to much work for me... especially knowing that the porting process does not always work right.

But that's just me :).

BEER

@will13am wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

I guess they are going to have to wait for the next one since the current offer expired.

The current 5 GB offer wasn’t that good. I was considering it but then noticed that the bonus 5GB was only good for 30 days, 

You must have forgotten that you live in Canada.  $25 for 1+5GB?  Wake up from your dream! 

I don't understand why you are a bit rude - but just perhaps your rudeness is justified if you thought that it was a $25 plan for 1+5GB. ----------------HOWEVER it seems that you are not aware that the 5GB bonus was only offered to new subscribers and the bonus 5GB was also for only a 30 day period and not part of the reoccurring plan features.

Because of the later it didn't seem lke a good deal because existing plan plan holders would need to port their numbers out to another provider and then back in to this promo deal. 

@BEER wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

The current 5 GB offer wasn’t that good. I was considering it but then noticed that the bonus 5GB was only good for 30 days, 

You must have forgotten that you live in Canada.  $25 for 1+5GB?  Wake up from your dream! 

@MandyJ wrote:

@BEER wrote:

*Also Bell Sim cards are dirt cheap - as many as you want at Ebay for .99 cents each. 

Are these ebay SIM cards delivered quickly? Or do you have to wait like a month or two for them to arrive from China? That could be a big factor in something like this. Though I've heard certain SIM cards are available at Dollarama now, so if the Bell SIM cards are, that might also help keep the cost down, without the wait.

No need to have the SIM card in hand for this port in, port out caper.  In the purchase, add a note to the seller that you just need them to send you the SIM card number via email.  With number in hand, you are good to go.  IIRC, Bell used to allow prepaid accounts to be set up without an initial top up.  I guess they learned that this caper can be monetized. 

BEER

@geopublic wrote:

The current 5 GB offer wasn’t that good. I was considering it but then noticed that the bonus 5GB was only good for 30 days,  But the good thing was that I found out about the cheap Bell plan and was given 4 free sim cards. 

BEER

They are usually sold by retailers with free shipping and may also be picked up in person. Check it out on Ebay by selecting the option nearest to your location. I visited a Bell store at a local mall and was given several cards for free.  

MandyJ

@geopublic wrote:

@MandyJ wrote:

@BEER wrote:

*Also Bell Sim cards are dirt cheap - as many as you want at Ebay for .99 cents each. 

Are these ebay SIM cards delivered quickly? Or do you have to wait like a month or two for them to arrive from China? That could be a big factor in something like this. Though I've heard certain SIM cards are available at Dollarama now, so if the Bell SIM cards are, that might also help keep the cost down, without the wait.

@MandyJ  Most sellers are Canadian and send items via regular Canad Post mail  so from 3-7 days would be the standard delivery time.

Good to know. Thanks!

@MandyJ wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@MandyJ  Most sellers are Canadian and send items via regular Canad Post mail  so from 3-7 days would be the standard delivery time.

MandyJ

@BEER wrote:

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.