cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge

Lindawei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

There is always a charge when calling or receiving a call as 647 580 4001 shows.

Thanks,

Linda

9 REPLIES 9

Lindawei

Thank you.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korade wrote:

Hi Lindawei,

Even if somebody leaves you a voicemail, I believe that that counts towards your minutes. I am not sure if there is a workaround to this (e.g. disable voicemail, if possible?). I would certainly message a member of the moderator team to discuss this, however.

I think if you turn off the forwarding when unreachable as @LEGO suggested, the phone will just ring until such time as the person on the other end gives up, so there's no possibility for someone to leave you a message, nor for the call to get forwarded to your voicemail at all.

I'm not sure if it's the forwarding of the call that dings you some airtime from the tiny 50 mins, or if it's the person leaving you a message that does it.  If the forward itself doesn't cost you, then another option would be to set an extended absence greeting as I detailed here.  The advantage to that technique is you can instruct your callers in an alternate way to reach you such as asking them to text you (though since inbound texts count toward the limited 50 in the $10 plan this may not be a great choice) or send you an email, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lindawei

Thank you!

Linda

Lindawei

Than you and will try.

Linda

Korade

Hi Lindawei,

Even if somebody leaves you a voicemail, I believe that that counts towards your minutes. I am not sure if there is a workaround to this (e.g. disable voicemail, if possible?). I would certainly message a member of the moderator team to discuss this, however.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To avoid this, do not use your cell phone to retrieve your Voicemail messages! I would recommend retrieving your messages by using landline phone.

Also, if this is acceptable for you and if you are using Android phone, you may disable Voicemail completely and this would stop consuming your minutes.

How to disable Voicemail: click here

Lindawei

Thank you LEGO! Yes, I am on $10 plan. Sorry I mean incoming call and outgoing call show the seconds or minutes used within 50 minutes even the phones are not connected because every time 647 580 4001will be there.  What should I do? Thank you!

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lindawei The number that you referring to is your Voicemail access number. Are you on $10 plan?

If you are on $10 plan, calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes. To avoid this, I would recommend retrieving your messages by using landline phone.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

PM is totally prepaid. There are never extra charges. If a service has been used up, it simply stops working.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.